Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please?
Right, I don't know what else do about this and after coming off the phone again just now, I'm fuming.

Basically, my HTC One-x has a wifi fault. Quite common in the earliest models apparently, but only started driving me mad recently.

So I took it in, and they had to send it off for "repair". They didn't have any loaner phones (you know, the £10 Nokias that must be so elusive in a phone shop...) for over a week. I got impatient and bought a cheap one in the end, as I don't have a spare.

Finally get to send it off, it takes them 11 days to send the phone back with the exact same fault as it left with. EXCEPT, they broke the casing when they "repaired" it! This wound me up quite a bit, especially seeing the note on the ticket of "cosmetic poor condition" when it wasn't before it left.

So I take it back the next day, and Lo and behold the bloke says "are you sure it wasn't there before?" Erm, f*cking yes. The bloke next to him, actually vouched for me though and said he saw it when I brought it in and it wasn't there. He then looked at the notes and saw that the "cosmetic bad condition" note had been added after the "repair" was carried out, separate from the other notes... funny, that.

Then they tell me I have to send it off again, for them to investigate the damage. "Er, no, that's not my fault, I want a replacement phone, then you can do your investigation". "It's out of my hands, it's policy". So I refuse, I'm not waiting another 11 days with a POS phone that makes me want to end it all.

So the result of that, I leave with a customer service number. Call them when I get home and speak to "Mohammed". After a lot of explaining and him reading the notes, they agree to send me another phone out. "We can send you an S3" "I don't want an S3, I have a HTC" "we haven't got any" "get some" "we can't" and so on. Argh!

So I went back to the store, and told them all this. They're still on my side, saying that I should be entitled to my choice of phone. However, they can't do anything to help...

So, back home, back on the phone. Just spoke to a useless "Matt" who offered me no resolution at all. They apparently have no HTCs at all. So I said "well, you must have plenty in store, for new customers" "yeah, but you can't have them, we have no refurbished ones". I said I was appalled at their service, and I would not be renewing my contract with them.

That's where I'm up to really. I'm worse off from when I started, and a lot more angry.

If you're still reading, cheers. Does anyone have any ideas? It's a warranty claim, could I speak to HTC direct? I'm sure they'll ask me to send the damn thing off again though...

f*ck, shit, arse, bollocks. Rant over
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Carphone Warehouse are complete w*ankers. Advice please? - by Curt - 26-09-2013, 02:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Carphone warehouse TY-HDI 7 2,693 22-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Rich306
  Citroen Warehouse Ben Jay 15 5,535 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo