Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Whats wrong with this picture" thread
(15-12-2012, 04:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-12-2012, 02:30 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: I find mine better at outside lane speeds on mway.. Once did a run to Scotland (440 miles) and a week of driving up there around town, got 580 odd miles out of tank, at 80/90 all the way

IIRC thats only about 45mpg mate. At 60mph Im getting 60mpg which is over 800miles to a tank.

There is no way a DT especially on a standard box is efficient at those sorts of speeds, thats gotta be about 3000-3500rpm and the wind resistance is huge

Strap on a bigger blower though...

Remember on an XUD, revs does not necessarily equal efficiency. I found the estate to be much more efficient at 70-80mph as it would sit at about 5-6psi, rather than at 60-65 where it would read no boost.

But tbh.. generally speaking, who gives a crap about the odd mpg? I've certainly never thought "oh, i should be getting an extra 2mpg out of this". In the OP's case, short journeys will almost definitely be contributing, cold weather too.

But anyone that tries to get a mere 2 or 3 mpg improvement really needs tp get out more. Over a full tank, that is a difference of about 25-30miles, which would cost an extra what, £3ish?

Are you REALLY that skint? If you drive a diesel, already much cheaper to run day to day mpg wise, and you penny pinch every last mpg out of it, should you really be running a car at all?

I miss GTI ownership. Yes MPG was crap but you know what? I really really enjoyed driving it.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Whats wrong with this picture" thread - by cwspellowe - 15-12-2012, 05:15 PM