Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????
(09-07-2012, 07:32 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I'm not going to rant at you, but I have a good job paying me a fairly decent salary and I still drive a beaten up old nad to work so I can afford my '6 during summer. I couldn't afford my '6 until I'd been working 6months or so, and even then if I'm really honest i had to beg borrow and steal to get the money together. And with the fuel bills and a 60+ mile commmute to work if I hadn't been living at home I definitely wouldn't have been able to afford it.

If I'd been a sensible chap, I'd have kept the dt for another 6months to a year before buying a '6.

Which leads me neatly to where I am now. You need to think long and hard about your choice from here. I got it right for me, but I made a big sacrifice in essentially chosing to be skint and have the car I want. Or you can do what the majority of the UK population do, and buy a car to get you from a to b, dont care much for it, and use the money on other things in your life.

Only you can resonably make that decision; I know I'm happy with mine; the nad is a perfect daily, if a little unrefined, but I love how simple it is. And that means there's nothing to go wrong, and I don't have to spend lots of money on servicing it which means I can spend the money on my nice car, or on other things such as holidays/house etc.

Either way, I do have to agree with what Dan! has said; if you dont have a job, it sortof negates the decision a little; you need a cheap run around whilst you sort a job, then you can look at what you can afford.

Failing that, an older style Fiesta wouldn't be a bad choice; the 1.4tdci is a very economical engine, and quite quick when provoked. I dont know much about reliability though...

Personally I'd have never sold the nad (or have you?) If you haven't I'd keep it, sell the golf, take stock for a bit save for what you really want (maybe work that bit out whilst you're saving?) and then buy at the opportune moment Tongue

Sounds sensible enough to me Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's????? - by kentiiboii - 09-07-2012, 07:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 Dturbo 205 vs pd mk2 golf pugtk 11 2,637 14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  xud van vs golf gti 1.8 t xudlingo 30 5,300 21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  Anyone play golf? THE_Liam 25 11,288 19-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam