SRowells Black Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Black Rallye
st's are dog slow standard lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Lol as above, my diesel ZX was faster than one of them
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Think you missed the irony but ok. Tongue That said, they're quicker 0-60 than a standard '6 thanks to better gearing and less weight lol. Wink Obviously the '6 has it when you get to illegal speeds. lol
Thanks given by:
1137kg, so barely.

also 7.9 to 60, rallye is 6.9...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Well it's 7.8, but the '6 is 8.5. I didn't even mention Rallyes because the ST comes with leathers and electrics like a '6...

But anyhow, the bait worked so I'll leave it there. lol
Thanks given by:
6 is not 8.5 to 60.

Rofl
Thanks given by:
SO the new leads and coilpack have arrived. I paid ECP top price for a bosch coil pack and i see to have gotten a completely random brand. not happy and ill have to drive ages now to go and return it and hopefully pick up a proper bosch unit!
Thanks given by:
sagem was o.e as well as magnetti marelli.

have you been given an intermotor boxed unit? ive got one as a spare and its sagem branded.
Thanks given by:
ECP do say that you might be given another brand. I usually order cheap stuff and get the better quality parts so it works both ways tbf.
Thanks given by:
Spoke to ecp on the phone and was told they didnt have any bosch ones in stock. Ive taken a look and bremi appears to be an oem brand for bmw and lots of other makes so ill use it anyway. Ill be making a custom mount for it to mount it on the site of the engine. Will have to relocate the FPR somewhere else though.
Thanks given by:
Posted a thread up here about what coilpacks etc i should be using. Looks like the spark plugs i have may be too hot despite ECP supplying them as standard for the 306. I was running bkr5ez and now ive got some bkr6ek which im yet to fit. Will see if those help at all

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=34815
Thanks given by:
Have a word with Zakk, he is running some VW spec spark plugs which i think would be much better suited too your car mate
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
probably the same plug as a standard XU10.
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2016, 02:58 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Well the car was dropped off at DLF classic car restorers which ive heard good things about locally. Theyve certainly done a good job of harry storeys 205 and theyre only 6 miles away from home.

(11-09-2016, 09:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: So this was dropped off at dlf classics which is 4 miles up the road to me. I've seen good work there and they certainly had a nice rolling road and a great collection of cars.

Did you move house between those 2 posts or did they move workshop?

(11-09-2016, 09:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: When i first got in it i was dubious thst it had any more power than when I took it in. As soon as the narrow lane opened up it was spinning up where it hadnt before and the rate it moves cruise through the rev range and on the speedo is way better than before. Pre napping it struggled to keep up with bates stock 6 so itll be interesting to see what happens in a rematch.
That doesn't necessarily mean more power, it can mean a shit mapping job.

Take a stage 2 HDi as an example, some early maps and cheap maps feel really fast as they constantly light the tyres up as they have a massive torque spike but they only peak at 150bhp.

Get a really experienced mapper and the car doesn't 'feel' as fast as you loose the kick up the arse torque spike but they are more powerful and actually faster. My first HDi on a JAC map compared to my silver estate on a TB map is a case in point.
Thanks given by:
Essentially it runs better and has definitely has more power than before. Whatever it is now its better than before. People will never be happy unless you take it to sandy brown.

4 miles. 6 miles. I'm sure you get the idea of how far away it is.
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear you got it mapped and you're reaping the benefits Smile
Thanks given by:
So the misfiring issue was still about. I ordered a walbro 255 pump which I fitted to a 1.4 fuel pump setup I had lying around. no different to the rallye one.

I had found a fee pictures and a guide on the 6 forum but none looked like what I had. I freestyled it and managed to use all the original parts and ended up with something that looked right. Put it in the car and worked straightaway. Has a much deeper noise and sees to be under less strain. Ill make a guide soon.

Car with the new pump seems to have stopped misfiring. a fee times the car had some big engine movement which I believe to be down to a dodgey tps which drops out for half a second causing the car to jolt. Willl try and get one of those.

Sed to be a sligh second of misfire at one point but it seems to be 99% better than before!

Put it through the car wash and went to a small retro meet this afternoon. pretty much the newest thing there but still had a few people looking.

Expo next weekend and Christmas meet after that! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Could a dodgy TPS cause a missfire to?
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2016, 11:20 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Could a dodgy TPS cause a missfire to?

its dropping out for a second and coming back in. if it dropped for a long time i can easily see this causing issues. Ill order one and get it fitted :Big Grin Shame its jenvey own brand stuff so its £ra*e.99.
Thanks given by:
Quick response from jenvey about which TPS I needed as there are a few different ones. For anyone looking its the following part.

Colvern CP17 with female 3 pin AMP econoseal connector
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products/accesso...n-cp17-tp1

£58 delivered from emerald or £54 without vat and delivery from jenvey. Shame they cant offer competitive prices :/ Should be delivered next day so hopefully the car will be sorted before expo!
Thanks given by:
so in the run up to track time at snetterton next sunday...

I have bought new nankang NS2Rs in the 180 street compound for £60 a corner from demon tweaks which arrived within two days of ordering. Was looking through AD08s and R888rs etc but i didnt like the look of AD08s and the R888rs were about £115 a piece. The nankangs have good reviews for track use and seem to be about 80% of the way to R888s and should last a bit longer as well. I think ill get them put on the shadow chrome cyclones for now and then ill get my road tyres put on a silver refurbed set of cyclones.

Ive been in touch with bakerBM who confirmed that the 205 and 306 upper engine mounts are exactly the same. I always thought I had a 205 one so never fitted it so ill try and get that fitted this weekend. Gearbox mount is already on there and I dont have time to fit the lower one which I already have pressed into the casting.

Ive also been in touch with AVO and ordered all the rear bushings to rebush my rear dampers which have been off the car since they were deemed an MOT failure.

Need to also hang the exhaust a bit better as the centre mount keeps coming off. And one of the rear hangars is too long and keeps hiting the box section. Will probably get the exhaust place to do it whilst the car is there for the tyres.

The inside of my harnesses are also at maximum tightness with the buckle because they are mounted onto the subframes not on an eye through the floor. Its a legit way of mounting them so I cant see any safety issues apart from them not going tight enough. To get them tighter Im wondering if it may be possible to cross them so the drivers seat mounts to the passenger subframe and vice versa. Not sure how silly an idea that actually is :/

Otherwise its looking good for track time! Planning to knock tyre pressures down to 25 and measure them throughout the day and adjust accordingly. Same with setting up the shocks. Hopefully i can get some numbers out of it for future track days so i can go straight to the settings i need etc Smile
Thanks given by:
tyre pressures are down to how hard the track is on tyres,how you drive the car and how you want it to react

on monday at combe i started at 24psi all round
this worked well for me
as
Osf 31 osr 31 Nsf 32 nsr 32 were hot temps straight off the track and the tyres were running to the ware lines and not down the sidewalls
tyre ware was even across the tyre face on all 4 wheels

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
So Expo came and went and the car struggled to get there and struggled to get back. Misfiring issues came on harder than ever, perhaps the cold had something to do with it.

Two coil packs, two sets of plugs, disconnecting the injectors one at a time has an effect on all cylinders so there is no bad one. When misfiring the car make white smoke. Not oil or coolant loss. 300 miles used 1.5 tanks which is way more than usual. Working the throttle repeatedly always cleared the issue and returned power. When not misfiring no smoke. Very little heat from the heater matrix when travelling however stuck in traffic it got warm as expected. Dash is always reading minimum and when in traffic gets up to 75.

From this my latest thoughts are that the TPS is at fault. Its one of the few sensors the omex has and it was located very close to a filter i had on the cam cover breather which leaked oil everywhere. When blipping the throttle i believe it clears the contacts and gets the correct reading to get back to the correct part of the map. When its reading incorrectly its running rich and dumping all the fuel causing the white smoke. New TPS is still in the post somewhere as I ordered this weeks ago from Emerald. Yet to confirm with a laptop!

As for the no heat issue I reckon the thermostat is stuck open. I bought the car with coolant over the engine bay and the previous owner said he had fitted several thermostats but couldnt find the right one. Reading several threads on the gti6 forum says with stuck open thermostats peoples cars went no higher than 75 which matches exactly my issue. The engine never getting up to temp apparently makes it run even richer which again supports the running issues im experiencing. Opening at 83 degrees is standard so Ive bought a new one from ECP.

Also after discussing spark plugs further with Stef Im still running ones which are too hot. Looks like NGK 3330 = part #BCPR7ES or 6097 = part #BKR7E will be the right temp. Used in saab 2.3 turbos and supras.

Hopefully TPS, sparks and the thermostat will be the answer!
Thanks given by:
Good detective stuff going on there Sam Big Grin Any plans to lay it up for winter? Or at least find somewhere with a ramp to get it up and do some protective stuff to the underside?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Expo pictures! Big Grin Looks pretty hench on the new nankangs!

[Image: IMG_3136_zpsct5cmu8g.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3129_zps2iv5hp4m.jpg]

1 209545360 Circoli Thermostat £ 5.89
1 360745050 Elring Thermostat Gasket £ 3.19
4 408880070 NGK Spark Plug £ 11.96
2 501735047 Bosch Oil Filter £ 11.38
1 503545027 Bosch Fuel Filter £ 8.39
1 521772251 Shell Engine Oil (Helix HX7 10W-40 5Ltr) £ 25.99
Thanks given by:
gahhhhh work car work!

New TPS fitted and colder plugs fitted. Very quick to change both in my lunch break. Car started up perfect and got half way up the road before starting to misfire. Had to go to continue to the shops anyway probably about 20 mile trip and misfiring 30% of the time. 

As before it clears if I rev it high. Feels really boggy, pops a few times and then back to normal. When i got home I got a temp gun on the exhaust manifold. Cylinder 1 was at 80 degrees. Cylinder 4 was at 135 degrees. I think I managed to get a bit of cylinder 3 which was also 80 degrees. Couldnt get to cylinder 2.

From that it would see that its not firing on 1 and 3. Dumping all the fuel through and bogging down.

Ive taken the omex apart this evening to check for any crap solder joints but nothing obvious. Ive also dug out the injectors that were originally in the rallye when I got it. Will fit those tomorrow and see if there is any difference but i doubt it as disconnecting one injector at a time shows that they all have an effect on the running. yet to connect it to a laptop as its been dark and raining :/

Tomorrow:
Swap coil packs
Swap injectors
check earths
inspect wiring

after that Im all out of ideas. May see if I can borrow an omex from someone just to rule that out!

Also got to fit the new thermostat and change the oil.
Thanks given by:
Haven't read all the way through but what's the situation with your lambda?

Has it always done it? Timing?
Thanks given by:
I take it you won't be at Snetterton on Sunday then Sam?

Hope you figure it out soon!
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2016, 08:34 AM)allye Wrote: Haven't read all the way through but what's the situation with your lambda?

Has it always done it? Timing?

theres no lambda sensor to the omex. It isnt mapped in which is pretty standard. Timing was done by carl chambers when it had a belt change a few months back. Its an intermittent issue, when it doesnt misfire it runs perfectly.

(11-11-2016, 08:57 AM)1616six Wrote: I take it you won't be at Snetterton on Sunday then Sam?

Hope you figure it out soon!

plan to be! its paid for and non refundable. Im taking bates who is taking his 6 just in case the rallye isnt trackworthy and we can swap the cars out and still make something of the day!
Thanks given by:
get a wideband in so you can see if its a lean or rich misfire.

make sure the volts are stable and bin the adjustable fpr.

get it mapped.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boring Black Rallye wainwrightj 57 20,061 06-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,833 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600 Eeyore 1,246 376,584 26-12-2015, 12:56 AM
Last Post: procta