Jakes MK5 GTI.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jakes MK5 GTI.
Blah blah blah.. Yes I can see that it's not French and I have commented the greatest of sins driving a German petrol engine. *sighs*

But here she is... The new daily.

Such a nice car to drive! Really happy with it.

Paid 6k for it.. Comes with all the mod cons apart from cruise control. Perfect paint condition.

Not really got any modifications in mind it drives brilliantly an has plenty of available power at the moment.

As always all comments accepted. I know it's not to most people's tastes... But hey...

Hatorz gon' hate.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, no hate from me. Apart from the previous haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
ive always thought the throttle pedal on mk5's were weirdly big, are they actually nice to drive with?

nice to see a gti that isnt red
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks just like a Golf.

One question though.. The DT. 50 ish MPG on veg?

So you got a new daily that does what, 25 MPG?

Just wondering about the logic of that lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(16-02-2013, 11:31 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Looks just like a bum poker.

One question though.. The DT. 50 ish MPG on veg?

So you got a new daily that does what, 25 MPG?

Just wondering about the logic of that lol

Yeah 25-35mpg is about right.

Not really too bothered about economy tbh. Im just looking at something that's fun to drive and I am get in and drive every morning without worrying.

Every time I got in my dt I was just expecting it not to work..

(16-02-2013, 11:27 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ive always thought the throttle pedal on mk5's were weirdly big, are they actually nice to drive with?

nice to see a gti that isnt red

I will admit it is strange to get used to the abnormally large hydraulic pedal... But it's not as bad as you think!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I like it mate! Its like the complete opposite to a 306 feels so weird to drive a new ish modern car after a 306 :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Really quite like this I k ow what you mean about the 306 bit that's part of the fun not knowing if it's going to work.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Ey where the f*ck were you yesterday! Better come see us today.

Also, coilovers. Before I have to make you a hat with 'standard ride height' printed on it.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 08:03 AM)Dan! Wrote: Ey where the f*ck were you yesterday! Better come see us today.

Also, coilovers. Before I have to make you a hat with 'standard ride height' printed on it.

Sorry dude got back to mine and fell asleep! (Working nights, not just lazy)

I'm off to Essex for a bit today so I will come up later on if its not to late Smile x
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Pfft VAG shite....

Big Grin But seriously, looks good Jake, welcome to the world of reliability!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 08:31 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Pfft VAG shite....

Big Grin But seriously, looks good Jake, welcome to the world of reliability!

Yeah, VAG cars are far more reliable... What happened with your golf again Tom?

Honestly, that's not my kind of thing, not because it's VAG, because I've developed a hatred for modern cars, but I must say it does look bloody good and I'm sure it's very quick. I'd have spent 6 grand on a Corrado VR6, a mint HDI daily and a holiday though if I'm honest...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Photo meet soon? Love it x
Thanks given by:
looks quite nice . . . .does it have a Bosch pump? . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Not gonna lie, I really do have a soft spot for these. Problem is they're just not quick enough... Edition 30 is the one I'd have, but I realise they're significantly more expensive! Looks nice man, congrats on getting away from cheap French tat! Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
As Ed says really, this looks like a lovely example too. I have a yearning for a blacK GTI, but don't exactly have the money for one, or the money to fuel one!

Has this got a proper 'box too? Ie not the flappy paddles/DCT?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 01:17 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Has this got a proper 'box too? Ie not the flappy paddles/DCT?

I spy with my little eye..... The correct number of pedals in the third photo Tongue
Thanks given by:
The dsg is epic on these, I know you only get crappy flappy paddles and have a pedal missing but id have one over a normal manual tbh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HpD5K6Q...ata_player

Dsg vs 6 speed manual
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice. I really do like the mk5, Got VW back on the ball after the rubbish mk3/4 GTI's. Prefer the more-doors myself though as the C pillar look better proportioned on those.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Imo I don't care if it's quicker ina straight line, nothing is as much fun or as involving as using a proper manual gearbox. On a race car I can see the appeal, but I'd still prefer a manual as it's more enjoyable to use...
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 05:03 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Imo I don't care if it's quicker ina straight line, nothing is as much fun or as involving as using a proper manual gearbox. On a race car I can see the appeal, but I'd still prefer a manual as it's more enjoyable to use...

This.
Thanks given by:
Normally id agree with you but i like it, you can still use it as a sequential.
My mates got one and its good.
Dont know how id cope day to day but i do like it.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Genuinely surprised with the comments, after owning it for just a couple days I'm sold on it! Absolutely love driving it!

Regarding the Dsg, it's not for me, I don't like automatics, regardless of the f1 paddles, it will be fun for a little bit but I'd rather just stick with a proper transmission.

It is a thirsty bugger though!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
VAG flappy paddle is shite. i have a octy VRS with it as a courtesy car with it once and admittidly i was trying to break it but it was far to easy to confuse and it got stuck in second. In fact, i think that could be a flappy paddle thing because i did the same to a new honda jazz lol.
They look ok. Definitely the nicest looking golf they have done to date but dont listen to tom with the 'welcome to the world of reliability'. Far from it but tbh their petrols are stronger than the dervs by far.

Oh and the throttle pedal. Really nice to start with when you have your entire foot flat on it but after a while, my god does your ankle ache! I think its because it hinges from the floor instead of up top which sounds odd but ive never had it on any other car before!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
The E30 has the same kind of throttle pedal and its part of the reason I've never owned an E30...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 10:32 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: The E30 has the same kind of throttle pedal and its part of the reason I've never owned an E30...

I think its just a german car thing tbh. Personally i dont like it but then again i also dont like the hydraulic clutches or in fact, just modern cars in general

Rich really seeing as tom convinced me to buy a brand new kia!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks really good man, like the colour. Good choice on the box IMO. Glad to see most have their blinkers off for this thread!
Thanks given by:
Get it on its arse!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
What power are these standard? I like it actually!
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2013, 10:25 PM)Niall Wrote: ...but dont listen to tom with the 'welcome to the world of reliability'. Far from it but tbh their petrols are stronger than the dervs by far.

We need an irony smiley as people clear miss it without! Rolleyes lol
Thanks given by:
Our e30 has that type of pedal. I cant say you really notice it at all, just push your foot forwards and you go faster lol
Thanks given by: