Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Seasons Greetings!
#1
Hello, I'm John (jatkin) I'm 24, sligthtly mad and I'm from Middlesbrough which is all the way up in the North East.

I used to be a bit of a lurker on .net last year when I had a Xantia DHX engined t25 blown 3 door phase 2 306.
After an incident chasing a 106 gti that blew an engine, an oil slick, sliding down an embankment, having an argument with a drystone wall and finally the bottom crank pulley letting go a few weeks later @6000rpm, it got broken for parts and weighed in Sad

As I already had a big gay subaru impreza (now sold!) and a an awesome boosted 5-pot Fiat Coupe 20vt (still here, setting off car alarms!), I gave up on the entire 306 scene and replaced it with a nasty BMW 525tds :\

After 4000miles in the BMW, bastardising the VP pump, destroying several sets of rear tyres I sold it on for a profit!!

I am now however back with a replacement 306!

[Image: 600813_10150839747931567_872437180_n.jpg]

[Image: 559614_10150658889906567_973424560_n.jpg]
(early ph1 clocks, anyone know what the difference between these and the later ones is?)

Yes, its a Phase 1 306 STDT in White.
Full run-down is as follows
1994 M Peugeot 306 STDT 1.9dt
15" 205 GTI Nimrods powder coated gloss black
Half-Leather phase 3 full interior
GTI6 front brakes & front coilovers
GTI6 rear beam (discs)
Bosch + T2

She's now done 183,000miles and is in unbelievable condition, like brand new underneath. I've never seen a car this old look this new underneath!
I bought it originally to use as a daily, but I keep pulling it in the garage and tinkering with more and more bits :\

Anyway thats my introduction and I hope to be around for a while.

Cheers!
John
#2
Welcome along pal Smile
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#3
Welcome!
[Image: kim.png]
#4
Quite a car history mate.
Welcome along Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#5
Thanks Guys!

It was for sale over on .net a few months back advertised using pictures from what can only be described as a game boy colour, claimed to have something bent on the front end underneath and apparently been stood a while..

Took a gamble with it, 500notes, 12 hours and 250miles later setting off to drive it home..... Sketchy wasnt the word for it! lol :S
Reasoning being that If it made it all the way home without the AA getting involved it must be worth keeping!

Changed the bent front subframe + both wonky driveshafts and fitted 2x new bottom arms + drop links. Smile

Apart from some chronic lack of fuel issues under full load its been reliable and feels solid!
#6
Welcome along!

Great write up lol Love the logic that "if it doesn't brake driving home from buying it, I've bought a good'un"
#7
welcome! Big Grin
#8
Welcome mate. Im in the TDS (Tyre Destroying Shed) club too, currently spending more on tyres than fuel.
#9
(19-06-2012, 07:24 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Welcome mate. Im in the TDS (Tyre Destroying Shed) club too, currently spending more on tyres than fuel.

Thanks! Smile

Mine was a huge luxo-barge E34 5 series on metric rims!! (they soon got binned for some more practicle imperial ones) Evry-mod and de-wastegate for LOLZ!

You need to get friendly with a local breakers yard, I was getting part worn Chinese things for a tenner a corner... I can only describe them as being made of more plastic than rubber - but they lasted more than 3 seconds! Didn't offer much in the way of grip tho :\
#10
Welcome along, is this the one from swindon?

Any plans?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#11
Welcome along mate
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#12
welcome along mate,
205 gti nimrods??????? look like speedlines.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#13
(19-06-2012, 08:21 PM)kingy Wrote: welcome along mate,
205 gti nimrods??????? look like speedlines.

Yes.. Speedline's! Sorry, I was paying more attention to eating me Parmo! Smile

(19-06-2012, 08:13 PM)puglove Wrote: Welcome along, is this the one from swindon?

Any plans?

Yes, that's where I got it from.
Plans are:
GTI6 front bumper (if I can ever find a white one less than £100!)
HDI box (this is my daily.. longer cruising ratios needed!)
11mm pump
FMIC (I did have one from my old 306, but it was donated to my 5pot Fiat!)
T25
#14
Merry Christmas!

love a white 306
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#15
Welcome along to the club, loving the first post Big Grin

Any pics of the Scooby and the Fiat?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#16
(20-06-2012, 07:00 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Welcome along to the club, loving the first post Big Grin

Any pics of the Scooby and the Fiat?


Big Gay Subaru (UK turbo2000) - Sold it a couple of months ago, couldnt afford to keep insuring 3 motors!
[Image: 407306_10150513703076567_997031954_n.jpg]

Fiat Coupe 20VT - Had this a while now, wanted one for years!
[Image: 4f74d04a4c444_1.jpg?rand=124930355]

Videos:
Fiat pulling 257bhp 273lb/ft on Dyno
(Had a leaky FPR on dyno day, fixed. guesstimate 270+ now)

The lancia/fiat five cylinder symphony...
#17
love the plate on that scooby, shoulda kept that one!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#18
(20-06-2012, 05:12 PM)samass Wrote: love the plate on that scooby, shoulda kept that one!!


Already thought about that, logbook stated that It had a non-transferable registration mark! Sad
#19
lol that's a shame.
#20
damn. shame. not that i have a derv anyway, b ut would have been worth some pennies!
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#21
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 car forum.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)