Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Opinions on lowering...
#1
Just thought I'd throw something else in the mix as I'm starting to twitch, I need to do something to my car!

So far I've decided I'm smoothing and remodelling my bumpers, new 'Zorst, wheel refurb and paint *POSSIBLY*, selected bits are going to be skinned in carbon fibre sheet nothing enormous just the dash middle where the stereo fits and door handles.

Now I'm also thinking of possibly lowering it nothing too drastic I just want a lower stance as it's going to have spacers on it but the big question is how low do I go :dance: :dance: :dance:

30, 40, 60mm dont want it to be uncomfortable as I still need to carry passengers for work and then the next bit which is the bit that really bugs me, do I just buy springs or start throwing money away on coilovers? I know the back's on torsion bars so that aint a problem.

Also got my eye on a Phase 3 DTM splitter that's been skinned in carbon fibre too so that needs to be factored in too!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
#2
40mm is nice on an estate, just sits level, so you don't need to touch the back! Having said that, mine's 60mm now and I wouldn't go back, just need top lower the rear 20mm to match.

IMO, go for springs unless you're feeling very rich.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#3
40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#4
lolsteve Wrote:40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"


So THATS where im going wrong!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#5
lolsteve Wrote:40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"

Damn man, you seen me car, why haven't I had any of these offers haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#6
Matt Wrote:
lolsteve Wrote:40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"

Damn man, you seen me car, why haven't I had any of these offers haha


Because needs more boost!
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#7
Mines at 60mm and IMO it sits pretty just right with 17s and 15mm spacers.

I got a amazing comment other day when picking my brother up from Alton towers. 2 lads went past and said is that car lowered or is it just the fat shits in the car.
Didn't know if I should feel proud or get out and tw@ him one. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#8
kentiiboii Wrote:Mines at 60mm and IMO it sits pretty just right with 17s and 15mm spacers.

I got a amazing comment other day when picking my brother up from Alton towers. 2 lads went past and said is that car lowered or is it just the fat shits in the car.
Didn't know if I should feel proud or get out and tw@ him one. Smile

You should of definitely twatted him ninja
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#9
40mm on clones, become a sheep!

Slam it on its asss!!!!!!
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#10
Matt Wrote:
lolsteve Wrote:40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"

Damn man, you seen me car, why haven't I had any of these offers haha

Needs a lot more boost Big Grin
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#11
40mm ftw imo...but make sure the back matches....you don't want the 'dog dragging its arse' look.....
#12
declantg Wrote:
lolsteve Wrote:40mm is more subtle i think, so its like ah that car looks nice
60mm is more "he's lowered it, Ima let him play with my boobies"


So THATS where im going wrong!

Bollocks, yeh that's where I've been going wrong too mate!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
#13
My opinion?

Needs more.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#14
Put it as low as it can go lol
#15
feck it, go the whole hog and do the irish look.
[Image: 306dts04.jpg]
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#16
looks shite IMO. way too low.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#17
haha. i know. just kiddin with ya mate. imo for what your after a 50mm drop would suit. i think 40 is not enough and you wont be pleased.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#18
Whats with the customers bit? is it a cab or is he a pimp and its just the motor he uses to drop off his hoes Confused im confused??

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#19
kingy Wrote:feck it, go the whole hog and do the irish look.
[Image: 306dts04.jpg]

Trust the Irish to use Peugeot's as roadsweepers!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)