Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
9mm vs 11mm pumps
James Wrote:only if you have a 400-500 quid blower Mr Lobb.

10x £40 blowers doesn't make....... Ah//

ppfft........ Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Oh..... Wait.... Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
... still waiting?
JP
huh?^
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Confused.com
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
The true diesel heads know what is going on Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
I have no idea...
JP
^^ Says it all really
lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Harsh. Confusedhock:
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
mmmm
JP
To save me making a new thread and to get this rolling again...

I appear to have a chronic lack of fuel in the upper revs recently. I used to pin the 35psi gauge easily and hold it with my 9mm pump. Now I can peak 28psi at 3k rpm put this dies off rapidly to under 14psi by 4.5k rpm+ on straight derv :/

I've changed my inline fuel filter, checked tank pickup, no air ingression I think, lda pin isn't jammed, no boost leaks and it still does this with an mbc so can't be waste gate? Confused

If the turbo was on its way out, would it ever loose ability to maintain boost or does this point to vane pump issues

. Everything else under 3/4k rpm is fine and normal so i think it's the waste gate blowing open on the k14 at higher rpms
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
n0v0s Wrote:it still does this with an mbc so can't be waste gate? Confused

It is still possible for this to occur even when running with an MBC.

The wastegate itself is held shut by a spring, and over time (and abuse!) it gets weaker to the point where the exhaust pressures can force it open..

New (bigger?) turbo time? Big Grin
Captain Standard

Yeah thanks for confirming that toby, I figured the shity spring must have weakened through the abuse. And yes the mbc doesn't automatically stop the gAte from actually blowing opening lol

My cousins coming down for a week on mon, got a long list of parts / mods to get on with Big Grin
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Nobody opened a pump and a looked yet????? lol
Terrano 2 electric pump NOT THE ONES THIS PIC!!
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/40820 ... image.html
(21-04-2012, 08:25 AM)anto Wrote:
con67 Wrote:
padge Wrote:My mate made 161.2bhp and 238lbs on a 9mm just turned up and t25 at rs tuning
I ran 166bhp iirc and 245 pounds iirc on a standard 9mm turned up and bigger turbo....

I may open a can of worms here.........I done one very, very simple 'bolt on' mod and although never dyno'd it again it pulled ok 6 after (4.5-5 before) and I could make smoke again, easily a 15-20hp bolt on......if youve the air and exhaust flow......heres how it went and sounded after though it was winded down abit before these vids for smoke reasons:


You're a bad man Connor teasing people like that lol

If you dont want to fit an 11mm pump then the mod con did will allow the 9mm to flow plenty more fuel, and probably retain more of the revability of the 9mm. Can also be done with pump on the car, altough you would want to be doing advance mod and gov at the same time so pump would be off anyway.

Bit of a thread revival, but what is this 'bolt on' mod?

Cheers.
read the fricking thread and you'll get ya answer. geeeeese
Wishes for more power...
The bolt on mod was the Terrano 2 delivery valves...I remember following this thread back when it was new to get the answer lol.
I thought is was the racoon filter?
Wishes for more power...


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAI Water Pumps RAW 12 9,626 18-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Last Post: vinny
  "Cheap" new water pumps (£15) silverzx 22 14,687 11-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  What pumps are these? bobertmate 8 5,181 16-01-2014, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Mal

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)