Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No power to Diesel stop solenoid
#1
Hi Ive got a 306 d turbo and I drove it out the workshop the other day and down the yard and then after a couple mins it just died and I’ve found that there’s no power going to the stop solenoid so I just ran a wire from the battery’s to test it and it started, so I’m not it sure if i can just run a new wire to it cos i don’t know if it’s fused etc
#2
Every power supply should run through a fuse. Tried looking in Haynes n whether it's pre- or post-1997 the solenoid is powered from a circuit shared with other ignition/security components. Don't definitively know how many amps the solenoid will draw on its own but am going to take a guess it's less than 5 amps.

Unless someone with greater knowledge can jump in with some other advice I'd go for 5A fuse. Presumably you'll need to wire your bypass to a 'hot with ignition on' only circuit or your solenoid won't close when the ignition is switched off.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch advance solenoid Uberderv 13 8,535 14-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  fuel cut off solenoid dadaddy35 4 3,802 30-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Last Post: dadaddy35
  lucas pump stop solenoid replacement willJspears 7 6,319 28-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Last Post: willJspears

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)