Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
306 1.6 Idle Air Control Stepper Motor
#1
Hello!

I am looking for a bit of help.  My IAC stepper motor is on the way out and I need a replacement.  The OE part I got quoted by my local Peugeot garage was in excess of £120 (not including fitting!) which is way too much, so I resorted to looking at Ebay.  Found one, got it sent, fitted it, and it revved straight to 4k and stayed there.  On closer inspection it looked different to the one I had taken off my car, in that the shaft is thicker and fatter and so is the tip (!).  I had checked the part number on mine, and it is a Magnetti Marelli, the numbers on it are M1080L, B31/00.  I bought the new part from RTG Automotive/ UK Sparesonline, who assured me that they had sent me the correct one.  I dont think they have, but because they only put the part number on the box I think what has happened is that the wrong valve has ended up in the wrong box.  The part number on the box is 19206Q/1920V7.  There is, unfortunately, no part number on the part itself.  What I want to know is, can someone please tell me what the correct part number should be for my IAC?  I am going through Ebay trying to find one but I am now confusing myself.  This has been going on for over a week now and I am not getting any help from the people I bought the replacement from.  Interestingly, they had a look at the picture I sent, and said it looked different to the one I had taken off my car, but were insistent it was the correct one they had sent.  Which just doesnt make sense.  Any help gratefully received!  Thanks.
#2
yeah sounds like they've sent the wrong one, or one that is 'compatible'

i've found that the o-rings can vary in size, and get one that's too small/thin, it'll leak and revv like it has in your case,
unfortunately in these things, you do get what you pay for, i got a genuine one for £60 on my PH1 engine, after i got 2 pattern parts, needless to say which one worked properly

you could try to find a slightly fatter o-ring, or just get it sorted and sent back..
Project: Formula Peugeot
#3
Thanks for that! I will have a look at the o-ring as well then. The spindle and the head look thinner and smaller on the one they sent, than the one I currently have on my car. Where did you get the genuine one for £60 from? The cheapest I have been able to find is a Magnetti Marelli part at nearly £80.

They gave me a full refund but wont help out any more, even though the "manager" was apparently shown a picture of both parts and said the one they sent definitely looked different but it is the proper one. Infuriating. As to my local Peugeot garage quoting £120, that is just ludicrous!
#4
got mine off ebay, old stock ones do come up now and then,
Project: Formula Peugeot
#5
Do they? I need mine asap as this has been going on for a while now! All the suppliers on Ebay (and there are about 4 or 5), are all sister companies under different names. I was going to go to a Pug breakers but something like this I would want a new one rather than a second hand part. I will keep looking! :-)
#6
yeah, if you need it soon though it'd be best to either just buy another pattern one and hope for the best, or get a different o-ring (a second hand one would need a new one anyway)
Project: Formula Peugeot
#7
I will have another look tomorrow. It all starts to look the same after you have been looking for a couple of hours! Will defo double check the O-ring on it as well. For something so small, this has been bloody tedious! LOL!


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star 2000 306 Cabriolet 1.6 Petrol Idle Control Valve aspprv2 0 2,713 14-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Last Post: aspprv2

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)