Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Stage 1+ map on stock car?
#1
Hi guys,

I have a stage 1+ map from pro steve. I also have a totally straight through exhaust. I'm wondering if I ever decide to go back to a quiet exhaust in the future will I need to drop back down to a stage 1 map? What issues can be caused using a stock exhaust? 

Thanks, Jack
#2
Why have you installed a straight-through exhaust?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#3
Wanted one
#4
lmao
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#5
I do what I fancy Tongue and then usually change my mind. But it entertains me for a few months or so haha. I don't plan on going back now I don't find it too loud. It's just in case I start driving with people that don't appreciate rumbly exhausts haha I might then want to change back.
#6
Do you remember all the threads you posted asking questions about exhausts? They're really good reference for questions like this, should try reading them. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#7
Well there nothing there about if I want to go back later as to what it does to a stage 1+ Wink

I like the exhaust as is atm just for future reference.
#8
Mine's been running around on one of JP's Stage 1+ maps for about 35k miles now on an otherwise standard car. No problem.

Reminds me, I really must get around to sorting out that de-cat and exhaust...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
#9
I had a S1+ with a cat in place, no problems...

If someone doesn't like the noise, let them walk instead. Tongue
#10
Putting on a mid pipe (resonator) shouldnt do much in terms of power as thats more for noise
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#11
Well all that stuff about back-pressure affecting spool times and top end flow is the answer lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#12
Go read your threads again, all of the information is there.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#13
Don't do it.. the recumbent pressure in the manifold screws will be too high if you have the stage 1+ and affect the rail sensor calibration and injection parameters.. if it's too badly affects these you will lift the turbo off of its mounts and start popping seals
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
#14
(30-01-2016, 09:20 PM)toseland Wrote: Don't do it.. the recumbent pressure in the manifold screws will be too high if you have the stage 1+ and affect the rail sensor calibration and injection parameters.. if it's too badly affects these you will lift the turbo off of its mounts and start popping seals

Uuurrrrmmmmmmm?
#15
(30-01-2016, 09:20 PM)toseland Wrote: Don't do it.. the recumbent pressure in the manifold screws will be too high if you have the stage 1+ and affect the rail sensor calibration and injection parameters.. if it's too badly affects these you will lift the turbo off of its mounts and start popping seals

Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#16
In all honesty it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to safety (all my maps are safe, and tested under extreme conditions), I only suggest it because you're not going to get the full 125 on the dyno unless you've got the free flow exhaust system.

The free flow exhaust helps turbo spool, reduces back pressure and generally gets more air through the engine so it's going to run cleaner with the stage 1+.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
#17
Brilliant. That was what I was after Smile cheers steve Smile
#18
I still prefered my answer Big Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)