A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Street Sleeper is reborn! THE END
that alternator did look a bit of an arse to get at.
Thanks given by:
(16-06-2015, 11:23 AM)mr_fish Wrote: that alternator did look a bit of an arse to get at.

When I had my very 1st metro, people said you had to practically lift the engine out to do an alternator change on one of these! I only found this way of doing it, from when I was sorting the red one out. I passed the info on to the metro owners club. ( did them a guide a while ago) even did a rad up grade guide to for them.

Also while I was out, I found out what the nasty knock is, I have a nut and bolt holding the spare wheel in place. due to the captive nut coming away from the boot floor. ( I will have bond another one in) anyway the bolt is too long and every time I am going over a speed bump at high speed, the jack knocks against it. I found this out while I gave the car some stick on the coast road, on route to my local car tuning place. I wanted to get something checked out, and the have told me that the oil seals are failing, But they have told me I can put some stuff in it to fix that. They said it could be due to the car engine getting on a bit or due to the fact its not been really used. Sad thing is now, they are closing down, on Friday. The owner is retiring and this was the last old school tuning garage left!  He was highly recommend too! So I am going to be practically f*cked now in sunderland for car tuning! 

Thanks given by:
Looks like I am going to be using this more, due to the 306 having seized rear adjusters, I feel crap using this all the time! As it feels like I am not giving the 306 the love it needs.
Thanks given by:
306s dont deserve any love
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 07:19 AM)lolsteve Wrote: 306s dont deserve any love

mine does
Thanks given by:
I have put some right old miles on this, of the weekend. I have drove down to croft and back twice, and then to Selby and back last night, so that's been close to 300 miles in a hole!
The car drove spot on all the way down there, and back. I took my time going down and the same going back. Kept the speed to about 50 to 60, to preserve the mpg, plus I had been up since 7am.
Some fella who I was parked next to yesterday, said that's one fine car that is lad! you don't see those at all! and its great to see them still on the road!
Also I passed someone in a 306 that looked over at me on Saturday, not sure if it was anyone from here, who was up this side of the border, ( rare I know)
sadly though, I lost my cool with my dad, All I got out of him was the exhaust, only due to the fact rover didn't put any sound proofing in, and its the only fully working car we have at the moment, The 306 hasn't got a working hand brake at the min, and his landy is off the road, ( would have been back on if he hadn't have f*cked up)
He nearly made me bin the car yesterday, with him going on and on, telling me to get into a lane, ( as it was end of race day, and a massive cue) So we all had a right go at him, me ending up smoking the front tyres up!
I said waved to the lad behind to say sorry for what I did, as I pulled in front of him, But I think he knew what the crac was. Never seen my dad shut up so quickly, it wasn't clever or funny of me doing that soft of thing to my car, as I did have my mum and sister in the car at the time, and they were fighting my corner too!
I was expecting my mum to have a pop at me for that, but she told me to keep it cool and drive on. She told my dad to button it!
Just winds me up when you have someone telling you how to drive you f*cking car all the f*cking time, and keep going on, and on and on about faults or something! Even though he helped build the car, but he doesn't know the car at all.
So that event really put the downer the sunday sadly, and I think I may have took the life out of a drive shaft and tyre.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a really fun family day out that. lol Like Landrovers are the quietest of vehicles!
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 09:56 AM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: Sounds like a really fun family day out that. lol Like Landrovers are the quietest of vehicles!

Laugh is paul, his landy is just as loud now, since the back box got removed on it, just him been nit picky and not really wanting to go, But no one forced him lol. He is getting worse, I wont got there when he starts with DIY or pulling a car to bits!
Thanks given by:
An idea that has been bugging me for some time now, since the switch to the 1.1s,
I am toying with the idea of doing this with the steelies, as I did think about it with the gta,

[Image: KGrHqNi0E1NUp0BpVBNY97ljZEg_121.jpg]

[Image: KGrHqRgwE06HgYVpZBNY98C1cg_121.jpg]

what you lads think? as it will look more like a 1.1s
Thanks given by:
I finally sussed out what the nasty knock is with the rear end, when I go over some large deep pot holes, When the rear subframe was on the GTA, I had changed the droop stops for new adjustable ones, and I set them to been fully wound out, As the suspension had dropped since the car was setup. Now since the suspension was topped back up, they are set out to far now, so I may need to wind them back in a few mill. That was after a few hours of having the arse end of the car stripped out, I also sorted out the rattle too, I switched over the retain clips on the boot lid panel for the ones I had on the gta, as the ones I had were not really holding the panel in, just to shows you were rover made the changes to the cars, with in a space of a year! some bits on the gta are better, and other bits on this car are better than the gta!
I may have a boot interior upgrade coming on soon too!
Thanks given by:
Right ok, I have decided seeing that the parts are going on ebay, I have Prussian blued the boot out!  
Thanks to a few people saying why not go for it,

So here is the nasty boot carpet and side trims, My dad f*cked the carpet, when we did the vvc conversion in the gta!
so the stain never came out! He has also f*cked the rear parcel shelf too!

[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.00.16_zpsestnsyvw.jpg]

[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.00.44_zps9sdayzr2.jpg]
now what I have for these pieces are 5 door trims, so they may not stay, just have to wait and see!

[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.08.17_zps1avqy4av.jpg]

so after a 30 mins, this is what we ended up!

[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.59.14_zpsb35f9o3m.jpg]
[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.59.24_zpsiacglxoq.jpg]

[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.59.19_zpsfgudjhx6.jpg]
[Image: 2015-07-23%2014.59.34_zpsnvyp205n.jpg]

looks a lot fresher now! also I may have the 3 door panels to come, if rimmber bros gets the fuckin finger out there arses! So it maybe a little better with the proper 3 door pieces for the trims

Now on to the knocking problem,
I decided to whip the rear wheels off and sort out the droop stops,

[Image: 2015-07-23%2016.27.19_zpszlm47jx2.jpg]

[Image: 2015-07-23%2016.27.26_zpsllmdltjb.jpg]
whipped off 4mm from both sides,
[Image: 2015-07-23%2018.20.10_zpsnx9bfspz.jpg]
hopefully we have sorted the nasty knock, Never got the chance to test, as my dad decided to fetch his fuckin works van in! ( he is in one of his moods at the min with everyone, Been like since f*cking croft )

still have a blue parcel shelf to come, and the supports, so its all still work in progress!
Thanks given by:
I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read your thread updates I have a Sunderland accent in my head. 

Nice blueness anyway.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read your thread updates I have a Sunderland accent in my head. 

Nice blueness anyway.

funny thing is dan, I have been told I don't have a sunderland accent for some reason.
Thanks given by:
I managed to give this a test today, after I had adjusted the droop stops and its worked! Also my new parcel shelf has came, in fact I think its better than the black one, as the black one was a pattern copy job, also the car isn't as noisy either now, as I had a lot of noise coming from the boot, plus with 3 pieces of carpet in there, it should have quieten the car down anyway.
i have a few things left to do to the car, that's paint the bumpers, wiring in my gauges, and install my new spot lamps.
Not really a lot left now is there! I may start and to stone chip it as well, as the 306 is crying out for that now, and a few other things, i am looking at doing to that car.
Thanks given by:
lol very jazzy

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2015, 08:35 AM)lolsteve Wrote: lol very jazzy

yeah we are going blue this time!
Thanks given by:
Hard to believe that this little egg beater is 25 years old today!! Just a shame now that there are so few of these about on the roads today!
anyway today I decided to sort out a few things, that was exhaust related, as I had a blow and I tightened up my manifold, as for some reason or another that came slack, but then again, it could have been with how the old system was fitted. So that's been sorted.
Now since I have put the an additive to the oil to stop the smoking, on start up, Its starting to sort its self out!  I took it for a bit of a drive, and I tell you what the car came alive! just starting to pull nice and hard again!  now I don't know if the ecu has sorted its self out, ( realised it has a better system now) But the car just pulls for f*cking fun!
also my blue parcel shelf came! better than my black one I think. some one has sparked interest in my black one anyway, so I will let that go for the price of postage, I was going change the trims back to blue, but the ones I bought were in poor condition, so I have binned them off.
[Image: 2015-08-03%2020.21.18_zpsn1lboogj.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2015, 07:35 PM)procta Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read your thread updates I have a Sunderland accent in my head. 

Nice blueness anyway.

funny thing is dan, I have been told I don't have a sunderland accent for some reason.

Oive bin told oi don't 'ev a suffik aksent aswal... Tongue

You do write with a Sunderland accent lol, it's not just Danny, I read your posts in what I assume is your accent as well! lol

Also happy birthday to the Metro! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Happy buildday metro.
What's this oil additive?

Thanks given by:
Happy birthday. Not to keen on the blue. Personal preference i guess. Then again this cars so epic i wouldnt care if it was pink.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2015, 08:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(24-07-2015, 07:35 PM)procta Wrote:

Nice blueness anyway.

Oive bin told oi don't 'ev a suffik aksent aswal... Tongue

You do write with a Sunderland accent lol, it's not just Danny, I read your posts in what I assume is your accent as well! lol

Also happy birthday to the Metro! Big Grin

never thought about that one tom!

(03-08-2015, 09:13 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Happy buildday metro.
What's this oil additive?

its called Forte seal conditioner, my engine tuner recommended it, you can buy it from ebay, only need to put one tube in to the oil, after you have ran the car.

(03-08-2015, 09:15 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Happy birthday. Not to keen on the blue. Personal preference i guess. Then again this cars so epic i wouldnt care if it was pink.

Laugh is bash, after 1992 they all ended up with practically plain interiors, grey seats, grey carpets, grey dashes and grey parcel shelves. What I recon rover did, with the very early mk3s, was use the left overs from the MK1 and Mk2 interiors they had left in stock. The blue carpet is better quality than the 2 originals put together! and that's from an mk2 metro van plas, ( sort of the lux spec)
Also bash, I did have a pink one or nirvana red ( think its spelt)  That was a f*cking solid car that was! I still miss that one! But this one is has gave me the 1st car feeling again.
 My metro Rio, not many of those models left now sadly either.

[Image: rio2003-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-06-2015, 10:03 PM)procta Wrote: I have put some right old miles on this, of the weekend. I have drove down to croft and back twice, and then to Selby and back last night, so that's been close to 300 miles in a hole!
The car drove spot on all the way down there, and back. I took my time going down and the same going back. Kept the speed to about 50 to 60, to preserve the mpg, plus I had been up since 7am.
Some fella who I was parked next to yesterday, said that's one fine car that is lad! you don't see those at all! and its great to see them still on the road!  
Also I passed someone in a 306 that looked over at me on Saturday, not sure if it was anyone from here, who was up this side of the border, ( rare I know)
sadly though, I lost my cool with my dad, All I got out of him was the exhaust, only due to the fact rover didn't put any sound proofing in, and its the only fully working car we have at the moment, The 306 hasn't got a working hand brake at the min, and his landy is off the road, ( would have been back on if he hadn't have f*cked up)
He nearly made me bin the car yesterday, with him going on and on, telling me to get into a lane, ( as it was end of race day, and a massive cue) So we all had a right go at him, me ending up smoking the front tyres up!
I said waved to the lad behind to say sorry for what I did, as I pulled in front of him, But I think he knew what the crac was.  Never seen my dad shut up so quickly, it wasn't clever or funny of me doing that soft of thing to my car, as I did have my mum and sister in the car at the time, and they were fighting my corner too!
I was expecting my mum to have a pop at me for that, but she told me to keep it cool and drive on. She told my dad to button it!
Just winds me up when you have someone telling you how to drive you f*cking car all the f*cking time, and keep going on, and on and on about faults or something! Even though he helped build the car, but he doesn't know the car at all.  
So that event really put the downer the sunday sadly, and I think I may have took the life out of a drive shaft and tyre.

I'm from just outside selby! Went to school and collage there. Why would you want to go haha
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2015, 11:56 PM)Calpin Wrote:
(29-06-2015, 10:03 PM)procta Wrote: I have put some right old miles on this, of the weekend. I have drove down to croft and back twice, and then to Selby and back last night, so that's been close to 300 miles in a hole!
I said waved to the lad behind to say sorry for what I did, as I pulled in front of him, But I think he knew what the crac was.  Never seen my dad shut up so quickly, it wasn't clever or funny of me doing that soft of thing to my car, as I did have my mum and sister in the car at the time, and they were fighting my corner too!

I'm from just outside selby! Went to school and collage there. Why would you want to go haha

it was to pick up a part from a mg metro cup racer.
Thanks given by:
next up on the list is the 3 gauges, I am going to get those 3 f*ckers working, had them for over a year! got the bits and pieces on order that I need. so watch this space!
Thanks given by:
well you wouldn't believe what I found on ebay, very, very rare blue Van plas Seat belts! So they are on their way to me. so I am swopping the Red Seat belts to blue, just to finish off the blueness!
Thanks given by:
well here is a nice touch, we have binned the red for blue! gone from Red GTA seat belts to Blue Van plas belts, Got to say these are better!
i replaced the full lot and what was black is blue funny enough!!

[Image: 2015-08-12%2018.48.29_zpsjftjypdz.jpg]

[Image: 2015-08-12%2017.24.14_zpsq3hczndn.jpg]
[Image: 2015-08-12%2017.23.55_zpsxqq3azp3.jpg]

even the stalks are blue too!
[Image: 2015-08-12%2017.24.01_zps3bmkig14.jpg]

much better than the red i think, and more in with the theme! I think thats it now for the interior side, as i cannot really see anything else really been changed.
Thanks given by:
Needs t16

Thanks given by:
(14-08-2015, 05:56 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Needs t16

i am not pushing for power, never have with this project. Laugh is I am not sure if i will be able to keep the car. With me changing jobs.
Thanks given by:
loving the work in this thread, i had a N reg GTA in green.
Thanks given by:
(14-08-2015, 07:54 PM)MrBigMac Wrote: loving the work in this thread, i had a N reg GTA in green.

cheers, They are not as easy to get bits for now, as they were back in 2008!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, building VNT'd 205 Sleeper in Chesterfield... 399road 145 71,350 09-02-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Citroen Dispatch Sleeper Kind of.. Will 2 1,970 15-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  205 dt sleeper, engine in :) Paul_13 171 55,291 20-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Paul_13