Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2015
Reputation:
0
Location: benson
Car Model/Spec: ~GTI6~
Hi chaps and chappettes
Just bought a slightly batter GTI 6 for peanuts. Originally i was just going to smarten it up and use it between selling and buying my new car.
However.... i cant stop tinkering with it! now im slowly restoring all its hidden secrets and making it a respectable car for the road! going to keep it for a good year or so now because i find it quite addictive!
Posts: 661
Threads: 15
Joined: Aug 2014
Reputation:
2
Location: prescott hill
Car Model/Spec: XSi
Welcome, its a slippery slope
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Posts: 19,854
Threads: 581
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
195
Location: Bournemouth
Car Model/Spec: Supercharged 306 GTi6
Welcome

Like Adam says, you've fallen into the trap of the 306! I bought mine with the intention of not doing much to it and just enjoying it. I dread to think how much I've spent in the past 3 years! haha
Get some pics up and some of your plans
Team Eaton
1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Posts: 661
Threads: 15
Joined: Aug 2014
Reputation:
2
Location: prescott hill
Car Model/Spec: XSi
Yeah... A Rallye for 60k ending up with a v6, killed about 12 for parts, a shed blaze gti and now this XSi thingy. It's been over 10 years now.
They are just fun without vast expense.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Posts: 355
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2015
Reputation:
2
Location: Bristol
Car Model/Spec: Gti6
Welcome & look after that 6 !
Posts: 2
Threads: 1
Joined: Apr 2015
Reputation:
0
Location: benson
Car Model/Spec: ~GTI6~
I knew the pics requests would start! I'll take some once I've finished my powder coating tirade! ( I do enjoy powder coating the engine)
Posts: 95
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Midlands
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi Stage 2(ish)
Welcome
Nice to see someone putting some life into a poorly treated '6 rather than just thrashing it into the ground and scrapping.
Looking forward to pictures and hopefully seeing it progress.
Posts: 41
Threads: 5
Joined: Sep 2014
Location: Stoke on Trent
Car Model/Spec: Gti-6 blaze