Posts: 129
Threads: 23
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: congleton
Car Model/Spec: CAR LESS
For some reason my central locking is really temperamental... It works 90% of the time and locks both the doors and the boot. But the other 10% of the time it locks then quickly unlocks itself.. Normally won't stop this until its been left for a few hours. I literally have to go to the passenger door and lock it manually holding it in place until the other doors have unlocked themselves again I then have to go round and lock the boot and other door manually. So I've narrowed it down to being a passenger door fault as the drivers door will stay locked. Is it likely to be the door loom? Or something else?
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Probably the door loom yeah, the bit between the door and the car where it bends.
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Huddersfield
Car Model/Spec: Citroen zx volcane td
(05-02-2015, 07:34 PM)Davidwheaty Wrote: For some reason my central locking is really temperamental... It works 90% of the time and locks both the doors and the boot. But the other 10% of the time it locks then quickly unlocks itself.. Normally won't stop this until its been left for a few hours. I literally have to go to the passenger door and lock it manually holding it in place until the other doors have unlocked themselves again I then have to go round and lock the boot and other door manually. So I've narrowed it down to being a passenger door fault as the drivers door will stay locked. Is it likely to be the door loom? Or something else?
Mine does this, seems to happen much more when it's cold which leads me to believe that it's a lubrication issue with either the lock itself or the c/l motor mechanism. I just lock it with the key, as not so long ago I got locked out of the car at about 5am about 30 miles from home with the engine running. Thankfully the passenger door didn't lock properly!
Posts: 129
Threads: 23
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: congleton
Car Model/Spec: CAR LESS
05-02-2015, 08:10 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 08:11 PM by Davidwheaty.)
Well I've nearly been locked out when I brought it literally went down the road to tax it. Double check coolant and what not, luckily my friend had put the passenger window down
I can't even lock the door without forcing it to stay locked. Have to literally hold the key in the locked position on the passenger door other wise it just unlocks its self
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Huddersfield
Car Model/Spec: Citroen zx volcane td
Reach over and lock passenger door with the door pin before getting out
Posts: 129
Threads: 23
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: congleton
Car Model/Spec: CAR LESS
05-02-2015, 08:17 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2015, 08:17 PM by Davidwheaty.)
Yeah it pops back up I've tried that ahah
Posts: 64
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Huddersfield
Car Model/Spec: Citroen zx volcane td
Try opening the door, and look at the lock area on the door face that fits against the car. There should be a couple of Torx screws- these hold the lock to the inside of the door. If its loose it might not be connected to its linkage properly. Also make sure that the door striker is secure and aligned properly, the one on my old 205 fell off and the door flew open (at low speed in a car park, luckily)
Posts: 129
Threads: 23
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation:
0
Location: congleton
Car Model/Spec: CAR LESS
Will have a look later on. Cheers bud