Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sgs Engineering Group Buy Interest...
#1
Hi all, im in need of a decent trolley jack, was going to buy one from Sgs Engineering, heard alot if good words all across the interballs about them, so i was just wandering if anyone would be interested in a group buy? If we get a few names ill ask them and see what they say, if not then i'll just buy one for me lol 
Doesnt even own a 306.
#2
They are pretty cheap already to be honest.

£39 delivered!

2 issues I have found....

No carrying handle...right pita
And the handle to jack it up will bounce in the cradle sometimes and the result is the jack goes down on each bounce!!
Wishes for more power...
#3
They're well known to fail, sink etc.

I researched jacks for weeks, ended up getting the Halfords low profile on trade & it's proved to be awesome!
#4
How much did that come to on trade?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#5
Around £30 IIRC
#6
I want something big, proper garage size. Got a small cheap one but its flimsy and it sinks into the ground an it makes light cars hard work. Just generally shit so im getting something BIG!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#7
Even the big ones sink! Gravel/sand/mud will always be an arse to jack up on. I still like my Sealey though, gets lots of abuse and just takes it all! Just wish it was a bit lighter but cant have it both ways!
#8
i have a sgs engineering engine hoist and a transmission jack. Both good quality cant comment on there trolley jacks though.
#9
I has an SGS engineering tool chest, seems good to me. No other products though!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#10
I have an SGS engine crane which is fantastic tbh.
#11
I'd be interested in a proper low entry jack, preferably aluminium, but not a cheapo one.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#12
they do ally 2.5 ton units at about £109+ vat iirc
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
#13
I've had my sealey hack for 17 years and its still going strong after plenty of abuse. I would recommend them to anyone. I know sealey supply all kinds of tools these days but they started out specialising in hydraulic jacks. Its what they are known for.

Plenty to choose from here.!
#14
Agree with above. Sealey are great. That great that some scum bag stole mine last year
#15
Just found this... Low entry, looks sturdy... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2500LE-QUALITY...4172233c6a
Doesnt even own a 306.
#16
Yeah that's the one loads of us have on here. Not light but that is the only downside imo.
#17
Not fussed if its heavy, just want something strong. Might go for that then...
Doesnt even own a 306.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorsport/Automotive Engineering Job Hunt Kezzieboy 29 15,694 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bigcheez2k3
  group buy gauging interest Midnightclub 43 18,626 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Chris

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)