Tom's TDCi Titanium X...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's TDCi Titanium X...
Alloys from steels is different, that does need declaring as its making it more appealing to thieves - which is what the insurance is there to cover.

The point is though Jordan, I don't know what was fitted after the factory anyway, as I say the tints etc may or may not be original factory fitted... As I have the wrong stereo code maybe that's been changed even. Also I'm thinking about adding mist jets from the later model as well, reckon I should declare those too. Tongue

I really dislike car insurance, if you hadn't guessed by now lol. lol
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2014, 10:02 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Nah, its a cylinder not a panel on these, but I won't bother with a performance one, didn't make a difference on the 180bhp Golf so I doubt it would on the 110bhp Focus lol, plus I'm keeping it totally stock for the cheapest possible insurance. Smile  

I have the '6 for noise anyway....tempted by a Pipercross cone for it...don't think I'd hear it over the exhaust though haha. lol

You might, cone filters are pretty loud on that engine.
I've got all the bits to fit a pipercross soon just haven't gotten round to it. Big Grin
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So, the 3 months warranty ran out yesterday... Fully expecting something to explode now. Confused lol Cant believe its been 3 months already though!

Nothing interesting to say, though over nearly 600 miles of this tank the trip computer is reading 59.4mpg. Just wish it'd go up to 60 lol. lol
Thanks given by:
tom and your mpg!
Thanks given by:
Well what else do you buy a diesel for? Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 04:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well what else do you buy a diesel for? Itwasntme

it was implying that your nuts about mpg!  
Thanks given by:
Should of bought a Kia Tom. I had 74mpg on the way to Colchester today Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 05:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Should of bought a Kia Tom. I had 74mpg on the way to Colchester today Wink

fuckin hell tom will blow his load if he reads that! 74 mpg!
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2014, 05:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Should of bought a Kia Tom. I had 74mpg on the way to Colchester today Wink

As much as I like the pro Ceed, it'd still mean driving a Kia..
Thanks given by:
If I was buying a new car it would be a Kia.

Why not, with a 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
7 year warranty doesn't cover half as much as you think it would. Wink

74mpg isn't hard on one run....average that over a tank and I'll be impressed. Wink
Thanks given by:
So, we're all interested in mpg, right? Itwasntme

Filled up today, 600.2 miles - 45.79 litres - 117.9 per litre. Makes 59.6mpg and 9 pence per mile. Content with that. Smile

[Image: IMAG4289_zpsebb52466.jpg]

Also 50 miles left apparently, and estimated 6 litres left (53l tank) - the needle scares me being that low though! lol (Excuse the Parkinsons btw).

[Image: IMAG4290_zpsd316899f.jpg]

Interestingly, I've had ~100kg of tools in the boot for the last 200 miles....weight obviously doesn't make as much difference as people think. It has made a difference to acceleration though, and the ESP kicked in for the first time, turns out putting the heaviest item right at back made it a little tail happy off a wet roundabout... lol
Thanks given by:
was that achieved with the toms306 change ups, ( 2k rpm on a diesel) keeping the turbo off spool Tongue
Thanks given by:
Err at 2k the turbo is well into blow! VNT turbo's ftw. Wink

But no, not 'trying' for mpg at all, though most changes are between 2-2.5k tbh, bit more from slip roads, plus the odd 3rd gear overtake to 4k when the red 'change up' light comes on lol. I spend a lot of time on cruise though, either at 70, 30 or 45-50 through national roads. Don't really hoon/thrash like I used to with the HDi's.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 06:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Err at 2k the turbo is well into blow!  VNT turbo's ftw. Wink

But no, not 'trying' for mpg at all, though most changes are between 2-2.5k tbh, bit more from slip roads, plus the odd 3rd gear overtake to 4k when the red 'change up' light comes on lol.  I spend a lot of time on cruise though, either at 70, 30 or 45-50 through national roads.  Don't really hoon/thrash like I used to with the HDi's.

you tom thrash a car? I cannot see that Tongue 
Thanks given by:
lol

I reckon you'd be surprised. Wink I was only careful with the 1.4s due to their potential headgasket issues lol... Soon as I got a 1.8 with noise and a nice powerband...and then a diesel with VNT boost.... Suddenly I started becoming better at thrashing cars. Wink Also, I blame SRowell, he's a bad influence when we convoy. lol
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 07:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: lol

I reckon you'd be surprised. Wink  I was only careful with the 1.4s due to their potential headgasket issues lol...  Soon as I got a 1.8 with noise and a nice powerband...and then a diesel with VNT boost....  Suddenly I started becoming better at thrashing cars. Wink  Also, I blame SRowell, he's a bad influence when we convoy. lol

careful lol with potential headgaskets failures! Tom man, my egg beater has a engine that's known for that, doesn't stop me giving it beans! only thing is with it been that light and the engine been that powerfull, it will do silly speeds dead easy!
what you need is Srowell to be a pal and let you drive his 5 door with the full works!  That will give you thrill you crave!
Thanks given by:
True but your Metro isn't a daily lol, if it pops the gasket you can just leave it on the drive for weeks.

I'm not sure I'd want to drive Sam's car if he asked, would be too scared of damaging it lol!
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 07:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: True but your Metro isn't a daily lol, if it pops the gasket you can just leave it on the drive for weeks.

I'm not sure I'd want to drive Sam's car if he asked, would be too scared of damaging it lol!

its been a daily a few times tom lol, in fact the metro has saved the day in the procta house hold! one point a metro was the only working car!
if it did pop its head gasket it would be weighed in!

drive the car on how you would drive it normally and ask to put your toe down a little. Don't go the full smash! my mate nearly binned the metro doing that lol. white knuckles as the car speedo went close to triple figures!
Thanks given by:
Lol, I bet you were careful with it when it was a daily, I'd have been scared to touch the throttle! lol

Triple figures is surprisingly easy in modern cars, doesn't really feel any different to 70 tbh, still comfy, quiet and stable! May have let curiosity get the better of me about top speeds before, I don't make a habit of it though! I get far too nervous in anyone elses car though, the test drive of the Focus was a complete waste of time tbh, couldn't focus on the car (no pun intended!) and didn't remember a thing about it...was just glad I didn't crash, crap myself or throw up in a car I didn't own by the end of it. lol
Thanks given by:
I got 610 miles to my last tank of veg at 65 ppl. I cba to do the math but its cheaper Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Lots of things are cheaper lol, walking, cycling, swimming....would probably take all of those over running veg. Tongue

Its about 6p per mile btw.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2014, 07:58 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, I bet you were careful with it when it was a daily, I'd have been scared to touch the throttle! lol

Triple figures is surprisingly easy in modern cars, doesn't really feel any different to 70 tbh, still comfy, quiet and stable!  May have let curiosity get the better of me about top speeds before, I don't make a habit of it though!  I get far too nervous in anyone elses car though, the test drive of the Focus was a complete waste of time tbh, couldn't focus on the car (no pun intended!) and didn't remember a thing about it...was just glad I didn't crash, crap myself or throw up in a car I didn't own by the end of it. lol

nah not really tom, i still gave it some when the coast was clear, hearing the verble at 4k ( you would love that!)
i have done that with the metro by mistake, i was doing 70 and next i felt the car starting to dance a little, and took a glance and i was doing 90 mph close to a ton!  backed right off as doing those sort of speeds in a tin can with out dampers isn't cute i tell you!   
Thanks given by:
So scanned for faults today, a few CAN blips but no real faults and the DPF is all good, yay. lol

So scrapped the old DPF, got £60 for it...would've liked more but that's not bad I guess.
Thanks given by:
60 quid tom is better than nowt isn't it, you can put that towards something else for this or the 6.
Thanks given by:
Lol, it doesn't really work like that. It goes back in the Focus fund so essentially means the new DPF cost £140.

But yeah, not complaining at £60 really, was expecting more like £80 but its done now. Plus the scrap yard owner has a broken DV6 Focus that he's offered me at a decent price to fix up, might take him up on that next year. Smile
Thanks given by:
Right, can any testers tell me the actual failure reason for a nail in a tyre? Reason I ask is the nail has gone into the shoulder, but so close to the edge it doesn't seem to have penetrated the inside, and doesn't really lose air (about 3 psi in 1 week...but no more after that...).

Theres still about 4mm on the 2 rear tyres, so if it'll pass MOT I can probably get another few months from them 2 on the front, and just buy 2 new ones to replace the balding pair for now.
Thanks given by:
IIRC a nail in the tyre is only a advisory?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'm sure it can fail for a puncture, but I'm not sure of the exact wording, might only be a certain size/place.
Thanks given by:
It isn't a fail but you will probably get an advisory for it.

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4s04000105.htm

Read the whole section on tyres, there is nothing mentioned about nails or any other object in the tyre.

Of course, common sense dictates that you should fit the spare (not space saver type for mot test) or have the tyre repaired.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: