Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to replace 306 1.9 TD DTurbo XUD9 DHY engine?
#31
Yep! Got 2 306's, 1 R-reg (the one I used to drive, Engine seized) and 1 T-reg (Mot Fail I bought for the engine and bits)
Stage 1 Remove working engine from T-reg. (Completed)
Stage 2 Strip down T-reg to shell. (Completed)
Stage 3 Get rid of T-reg shell. (Completed)
Stage 4 Remove broken engine from R-reg. (Completed)
Stage 5 Install working engine that came out from T-reg into R-reg. (In-Progress)
Hope this makes sense.
#32
How is it going? My case is I had a conrod let go in my 306. I bought a Xantia with a 1.9TD and drove that until the MOT ran out. I took the engines out of both cars and stripped both of all their ancillaries and put all the 306 bits on the Xantia engine. On Tuesday, I finally installed it! I found it a pig to fit though as the engine leans back a lot in the engine bay. I had to phone a friend and get some help but we got there. [Image: enginebuilt.jpg]
#33
good effort
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#34
I got mine done a few weeks ago, starts and runs, have you got your in?? running??
#35
Nice one shazilla!

I've got the new engine in but not running yet. Got to put radiator, alternator, starter motor, injectors, fuel lines, etc back on. It's all on hold for the moment while I build a workbench and shelves for my shed.
#36
Nice, tip try to use all the bolts you have, also try to remember what one goes where, and dont forget anything!
#37
A good DIY mechanic always has bits left over at the end. lol :-)
Only joking, keep on going, you're so close now.
#38
Tie a seat belt to either side of the engine or use a chain. Then when you lift lift close as you can to the cam belt side. Stronger if you put the engine mount back on to lift it out. Same method to put back in. Best to have the car on jacks too to aid


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 coolant pipes at rear of engine Donny165 1 5,049 17-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  XUD9 Engine number location andy_diesel 3 5,564 18-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Fitting xud9 engine into a s reg peugeot partner Jamieh2013 6 6,535 13-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)