Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
video editing software
#1
Need some free or very cheap editing software for videos.

Nothing fancy. Just so I can chop and cut up videos into one video and add a fade or two.

Every site I visit that has the "top editing programs" etc, all end up being illegal links or aboslute rubbish!!!

Spent an hour trying different ones and they all suck or dont work.

any suggestions Smile
Wishes for more power...
#2
Windows movie maker? It's free and easy, can do what you require.

Adobe Premier Pro is another option but that's either expensive or illegal.
#3
Windows move maker only seems to be available for windows 7 on.

Im still on xp
Wishes for more power...
#4
So upgrade then!

7 > XP IMO. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#5
XP is so old...

That's probably your issue, out of date OS.
#6
Yeah, tell me something I don't know.

Doesnt stop programs being made that could actually be of some use though. They all have bells and whistles but there are almost none that simply cut and splice without reading a 100000page manual!

Just trying Serif and Sony vegas ona geeks reccomendation. Free trials fora month. Be worth buying them after that if they do what I need them to. Also getting a decent laptop withina month so that will help...my PC is sooooooooooooooooo slow and old
Wishes for more power...
#7
XP doesn't even get updates now does it? Confused

Sure movie maker was available for XP though, remember using it at school!!
#8
Cant find a download for it...which is annoying coz it does top the charts so to speak on reviews and ease of use.

I hardly use my PCs for anything but word processing and some youtube/iplayer watching so I havnt had the need to upgrade for years. Good old trusty desktops with xp been going for years without fault. Like an old car I guess that doesnt let you down...seems harsh to ditch it.
Will be upgrading soon though with a laptop!
Wishes for more power...
#9
it came pre-loaded on my old XP machine, under 'accessories' iirc
Project: Formula Peugeot
#10
It seems you should already have it - For XP users: Windows Movie Maker is automatically installed to your computer when you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). It is not available as a separate download.
#11
AVS. Simple. Powerfull. Ideal quite honestly for most people..
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#12
(28-09-2014, 07:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It seems you should already have it - For XP users: Windows Movie Maker is automatically installed to your computer when you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). It is not available as a separate download.

I have SP2 and its not there Sad

(28-09-2014, 07:35 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: AVS. Simple. Powerfull. Ideal quite honestly for most people..

thanks D, I'll have a gander

- actually I have AVS queued for download. Its 150mb. So at 2mb download speed....I have to be choosey!
Wishes for more power...
#13
Lightworks is good i did all my gopro editing in that
#14
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windo...r-download
Says it should be included on sp2 & sp3
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#15
Sony Vegas and use a keygen?
#16
There's not much you can't accomplish with Virtualdub and AVISynth, although you will need to invest a little time learning how to use them.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
#17
windows movie maker....
sony vegas is horrible to use.
adobe premiere elements is £80 and thats what i use now. its great.
#18
Went for AVS in the end. Brill bit of software. Now need new laptop to open it up!!

Only downside is no copyright free sounds/music...but thats easy enough to sort
Wishes for more power...


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software wizards - dieing PC ginge191 5 3,727 30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  PC anti malware software! cpikey316_ 5 3,921 19-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Video editing software WiNgNuTz 13 7,157 26-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Ruan

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)