Posts: 1,070
Threads: 115
Joined: Oct 2012
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 03:50 PM by 306Puggy.)
Hello chaps, just doing my turbo conversion (engine up, down, etc) and annoyingly this happens towards the end:
As you can see the turbo intake ducting has pushed up against the master cylinder reservoir and caused it to leak some fluid. When I lowered the engine back down it stopped leaking fluid immediately.
So what do we reckon, top up the fluid and a quick pump of the brakes to check it is okay? Or will I have to replace the whole master cylinder?

I just wanna test out this new turbo so I am hoping if it holds up to brake pressure that means it will be okay.
Posts: 2,103
Threads: 122
Joined: Jan 2013
Reputation:
9
Location: south west, devon
Car Model/Spec: Kingfisher Ph1 Dturbo S
There is no pressure in the resevoir itself
Posts: 3,342
Threads: 151
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
14
Location: Rotherham
Car Model/Spec: 306 D-turbo
03-06-2014, 03:59 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 04:01 PM by Danny2009.)
The reservoir is just pushed into the seals so if you push on it then It will weep fluid out
Clean it up if it's not leaking now you should be ok
Maybe fetch the pipe over the rocker cover, between the inlet and cam cover if it will go ?
Team Doesn't own a 306
Posts: 3,662
Threads: 127
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
33
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: ZX Volcane TD
should be ok, pushing up the resevoir can cause it to leak
top it up if it needs it and see how your brakes feel when out for a drive, doubt you'll have any air ingress
Posts: 1,430
Threads: 132
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
4
Location: Yorkshire
Car Model/Spec: 305 and 306 HDi's
Did you nick that pipe off your mums tumble dryer? Try some smaller pipe? What's wrong with something like a 405 air pipe setup?
Posts: 1,070
Threads: 115
Joined: Oct 2012
Well thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. I actually had no idea that the reservoir was just pushed into the master cylinder with some seals around it's spout. I thought it was all integral sort of thing. Just tested the brakes and they are still firm and no fluid leaking when pressing them just to confirm what you guys have said.
Sambarker last year when I was asking for advice on building a turbo it was agreed that the biggest possible intake ducting would be ideal so I sourced some 3 inch flexi tubing from eBay. The bonnet does barely close but I may reroute it to the right hand side, once I have the exhaust elbow sorted. I just want this setup to be as efficient as possible, hence the large ducting.
Posts: 3,539
Threads: 42
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
28
unless your turbo inlet is 3" its a waste.