Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
So everyone uses the xsara manifolds for front mounts. I was just wondering why people didn't use a standard flat diesel manifold as the point to the front. Do they not fit? [attachment=14363]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
I dont have a clue. But there is a reason why otherwise everyone would be using them...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
That's what I thought surely they fit, loads of the about I can't see why not. I might just get one at local scrappy when I pick up an axle and bolt it on to see.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
Lol starts with an x ......
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 41
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
12
Location: Midlands
Car Model/Spec: Dtractor
not a great seal I think due to pieces being plastic.
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
They do metal ones though on berlingo vans.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Posts: 46
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Meath
Car Model/Spec: Gti6 205gti
So what's your inlet manifold options if your going for the the fmic, is it the xantia manifold only?
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
Just get an adaptor or make one.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 398
Threads: 25
Joined: Feb 2012
Reputation:
1
Location: Ireland
Car Model/Spec: Dturbo
If you dont use the standard inlet and an adaptor then a 406 manifold is better than the xantia as it doesnt foul the master cylinder.
Posts: 46
Threads: 4
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Meath
Car Model/Spec: Gti6 205gti
(22-03-2014, 10:09 AM)anto Wrote: If you dont use the standard inlet and an adaptor then a 406 manifold is better than the xantia as it doesnt foul the master cylinder.
Thats good, you hardly have one handy anto as i see your my side of the water.
Posts: 6,258
Threads: 371
Joined: Feb 2014
Reputation:
29
Location: suffolk
Car Model/Spec: ford fiesta
Ill take a look at 406 as well then. My local scrap yard is very nice can just go round with tools and play
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.