Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Slight miss fire
#1
Hi guys did a long trip Monday and noticed that up hill in 4th 5th at between 70-95 full throttle I would get a like hesitation or miss fire ever like 10-15 seconds but not always but more often than not. Any ideas?
#2
running veg? Fuel starvation if its under load and at full throttle?
#3
Coilpacks! Oh wait its not a Datsun..

Air in lines?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#4
(03-01-2014, 11:51 AM)SRowell Wrote: running veg? Fuel starvation if its under load and at full throttle?

this for sure...

I get this on 100% veg...

or if fuel filter hasnt been changed in a while
Wishes for more power...
#5
(03-01-2014, 12:10 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 11:51 AM)SRowell Wrote: running veg? Fuel starvation if its under load and at full throttle?

this for sure...

I get this on 100% veg...

or if fuel filter hasnt been changed in a while

+1, but only on full throttle unless like you say filter is mucky.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#6
I had this on normal diesel noticed there was air in fuel lines so changed the fliter and seem to solve it... must have reseated the cap
#7
Hmm had a filter not too long ago and no veg will maybe change filter again and see
#8
IN tank pick up?
Doesnt even own a 306.
#9
Also now my car is getting harder to start it wouldn't start at all for a few mins the other day :/
#10
Check the run off lines on the injectors
#11
Air getting in?
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5







#12
Yeah I've tried looking for air before had all the filter apart And that where is the main points to look at
#13
before you crank the car if you pump the grenade does it take a few pumps before it becomes hard? Are you running a lucas? is the pump damp? (could be drawing air from a knackard seal on the pump).

As for it also not starting...glow plugs all good?
#14
Glow plugs a few weeks old bosch ones. I've got a lucas and yes it does take a few pumps to become hard
#15
(08-01-2014, 10:20 AM)sherman306 Wrote: Glow plugs a few weeks old bosch ones. I've got a lucas and yes it does take a few pumps to become hard

Does it start easier once you've pumped the grenade?

Air getting in somewhere for sure.
#16
Not sure will try when leaving work later if it is the pump it's time to put a bosch on there
#17
Pumped the grenade no issues starting. Well no more than I'm used to Smile
#18
Bypass the fuel filter housing temporarily and see if its better, if so get a new housing or bypass with an inline filter
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#19
I have a couple inline filters for sale Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
#20
I work in a motorfactors I have lots forsale lol


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slight starting issue, lumpy idle, etc Dazecoop 6 3,642 05-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  fire seals ! jonnynitro 8 4,032 07-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Dave
  slight idle issue (video) jpderv 2 3,167 03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: jpderv

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)