Posts: 35
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Co. Antrim
Car Model/Spec: D-turbo HDI
As stated in the title, there's around an inch (maybe slightly less) between my tire wall and the arch itself. The tyre specs are 195/45/15.
Bearing in mind an old woman has been the only owner before me. I can't think of many boy racer pensioners when it comes to mind.
I have an HDI D-Turbo, does this spec/trim have a lowered suspension as standard? I'm no expert on suspension, so could something potentially be wrong?
Posts: 8,298
Threads: 289
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
92
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: Phase 17 R26
Your tyres are the wrong profile for a 306, so that will also be making it a little lower than it would be as standard. Also D-Turbo spec is slightly lower over a base spec model. Put up a photo, that's the easiest way for us to say.
Posts: 35
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Co. Antrim
Car Model/Spec: D-turbo HDI
Yeah I thought that, profile's meant to be 55 isn't it?
Not able to put a photo up, iPhone gave up on me a while back and stuck with an absolute heap of a phone. Great!
Posts: 212
Threads: 27
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
0
Location: Bournemouth
Car Model/Spec: Rallye
Yes but i would go for 50's
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
I'd say it's been lowered. The smaller profile will make the car sit lower, but the distance between the centre of the wheel and the wing will remain the same so the smaller profile will create a larger arch gap, just under 1cm more between the top of the tyre and wing.
Posts: 35
Threads: 7
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: Co. Antrim
Car Model/Spec: D-turbo HDI
10-11-2013, 06:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2013, 06:03 PM by LeeroyNI.)
Yeah DeeTurbo, it'd be slightly lower. I'm not complaining really; it's at a nice height and there's no reverse rake unlike the boy's from Magherfelt just up the road
Also, nice HDI, almost identical!