Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dyslexia
#1
Hey guys/girls,

I happened to come across a new type of font which is supposed to be much easier to read for people who have dyslexia, and I know a fair few people on here have it. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the font in general, and also there would be any interest in me adding it to the forum as a setting in your control panel to make it easier to browse the forum?

Here's a demo page for the font: http://opendyslexic.org/try-it/

Cheers
#2
Id tell you if the website worked lol
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#3
I'm not dyslexic and it has the oppostie effect than desired, thats correct, right?
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#4
If it's just going to be an option that you can select and I can still view the forum as I am doing so right now, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be put in.
#5
That's right, it would be harder to read if you're not dyslexic presumably Smile
#6
makes my eyes strain and no not been on the sauce!
#7
(12-06-2013, 05:51 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: If it's just going to be an option that you can select and I can still view the forum as I am doing so right now, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be put in.

Yeah, it would have no effect on people as a whole, it would be an option you would need to enable in your user control panel.
#8
Its pretty decent.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
#9
It does seem easier IMO. But is that in my head or for real :/ . Id be interested in trying it on the forum TBG

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

#10
That'd give me a headache, but as long as it were an option, can't see why not.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#11
seems kind of admin simply to think of it. well done chaps
Wishes for more power...
#12
Didn't have any problems reading it i say go ahead, although im not sure if its just the fact it was bigger writing than i have on the forum.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
#13
It makes me read slowly aha. Seems like a good idea for those who would benefit from it Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
#14
Good idea methinks
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#15
Yeah the option would be good for both parties Smile
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5







#16
I do like the idea behind it and yes it would be totally optional.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
#17
Apparently its easier for people with dyslexia to read if its on light yellow or baby blue with black font. Just another option if you wanted to.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
#18
Im dyslexic and find that harder to read both highlighted and un highlighted
#19
Scott, your so thoughtful.


Please can we make love
#20
(12-06-2013, 09:03 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Apparently its easier for people with dyslexia to read if its on light yellow or baby blue with black font. Just another option if you wanted to.

This!

the font makes it somewhat easier, but to have the option to change the background colour would work as well, everyone works differently though, i have a yellow overlay that works for me but others may be blue, green or red. Just something to consider Wink
#21
definatly alot easier to read for me Smile id be selecting this option and im not dyslexic
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#22
I can't read. Do you have a font for that?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#23
Doesn't seem any easier to me, but then again my problem is more with writing than reading. As said about filters, I used to use blue ones at school and that helped a lot.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)