Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
wishbone failure
#1
Hu guys anyone ever had a wishbone snap at the weld on the front bush? Only replaced them 14 months ago!
#2
Like this, [Image: IMG_1075.jpg]

Cheap wishbones = Dangerous

This was fitted at a MOT garage and brought to me for some other work which I noticed this when moving the car at work, Only done around 500 miles
#3
thats the same as mine. can I take this up with garage as I didnt ask for cheap replacements and paid 200 to get them replaced?
#4
Unless you specify what parts and where from, a garage is pretty much free to use whatever parts they want. The receipt will probably just say "replacement suspension arm" or something to that effect, but most garages use places like ECP or GSF for parts, and will do whatever they can to get your car fixed and make as much profit as possible.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
#5
yeah should of just done it myself i suppose but didnt have the time. Ive already spent 700 quid on it since 15th december on a new clutch, timing belt, alternator and getting it through its MOT!!
#6
Yep, loads of dodgy car parts around, especially on yee bay of e.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
#7
lol never know what your getting when you buy from there.
#8
How much, they are only around £25.00 each, Time to fit shouldn't be any more than a hour. But the warranty is only 12 months so unless the garage value your custom I doubt you'll get anywhere.

I use OE or have good results with Motaquip ones to date, Mind you need to buy the ball joints on top of this
#9
You could argue they've supplied parts that aren't fit for purpose on that, even with the warranty out.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
#10
Thats the line I take and always have, If I get delivered any cheap part (Common with motor factor supply chain) it get's sent straight back much to their amazement, I think I'm the only one of there customers down here which wants high quality parts.
#11
heres what i found when i took the wishbone off.Dodgy    
#12
That could of lead to a pretty major accident :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
#13
yeah luckily my wife was slowing down and nearly stopped when it happened!! but she did have my two kids in the car! taking it up with the garage that fitted them and contacting the manufacturer as im not happy!!! Angry
#14
Damn right mate give em f*ck!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#15
it needs a new tyre too as it shredded on the wing when the wishbone snapped. its only been on the car a month!!!
#16
That really is shocking.

Sue them for Meyle Hd's lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)