Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My track toy
Love it fella! Going to do a chopped down dash on mine as I need heaters lol, because race car>road car
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
looking sweet...

get a heat gun and a scraper though and get rid of all that sound deadening....weighs loads more than you realise
Wishes for more power...
yeah gotta get that done next gonna stick with complete dash in mine though as my ecu lives in the dash and handy having the glove box
just make a nice box for the ECU...waterproof one...as it will still get damp behind dash...

and then a net behind the seats for all your bits and bobs
Wishes for more power...
Yeah could do I suppose although that'll be a future project if anything as fot so much other stuff to crack on with at min, already got a helmet net though to go in soon as cage is in
started to look at why my rear suspension is lower on one side and ended up fighting all afternoon with the beam and rusted brake pipes/fittings and ended up with this

[Image: FC3CAC29-4973-43DF-AC8E-CC6EBFB79208-420...c59232.jpg]

Reckon that bearings knackered
Picking up a rebuilt rear beam at weekend. Will change tb's and arb at a later date but for now it'll just be a rebuilt gti beam with solid mounts
Added rear cross and harness bars to cage now off to paint


[Image: 4FE1E5A4-CECB-4817-BF8D-10B24C957623-278...437ddd.jpg]
Bit more progress with wheels painted


[Image: 0B57D155-82E2-4DEC-B936-F401C2249C81-105...80534d.jpg]
love the cage!
(09-03-2013, 08:36 PM)Blandy Wrote: Bit more progress with wheels painted


[Image: 0B57D155-82E2-4DEC-B936-F401C2249C81-105...80534d.jpg]

Niiiice Smile
wheels look much better like that.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
sweeeeeeeeet
Wishes for more power...
Its weird how the x on your cage it abit different to the x I had welded into mine, I desperately need harrness bars and 4 points
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks guys am well chuffed with the wheels now hopefully get cage in tomorrow now thats painted as well. Sam is yours a omp cage? Trouble with the omp is the angle that the original bar is at makes the x a bit high imo compared to the safety devices etc. once I get some fixed buckets ill make up mounts and drop them as low as pos as I'm fairly close to the roof with the current set up. So once I'm lower ill have to redo the harness bars as they will be far to high but for now there ok as far better placed than a normal harness bar or having them to the floor etc
Few more pics from today coilovers installed

[Image: EAFFB004-4576-467B-8998-4AC561DB9512-105...31118e.jpg]

And finally cage painted and installed

[Image: FF6DB302-E052-4DF3-8FCE-C9FEA54CCF8D-105...45a3ab.jpg]

Oh and lightweight door cards made, trimmed and fitted

[Image: 09740A07-C57C-4571-BD6E-550B21A3DCEC-105...9e3774.jpg]
Great project, your really cracking on with it! Interested to know what you think of the k-sport suspension when you've had a drive.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks mate well so far they fit well is about the only comment although one thing I would say is you would have to be carefull what wheel offset you have as mine are very close to the coilover unit and I'm 16x7 et15
what size tyre?
Currently 205/45/16
I have the same size wheels, with a similar if not identical et, and I only have a few mm between tyre and adjusters on my coilovers. I think it would be closer with the k-sports because they look to have quite a wide body.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Had it weighed this afternoon just out of interest

[Image: 11FE0638-E629-4C2D-B1CF-3A3DCFB6D000-762...48d30b.jpg]
Seems pretty good considering theres a cage in it
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
nice weight!!!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Yeah quite pleased as was aiming for the magic 1000kg figure but don't think that's gonna happen unless I go for fibreglass doors and boot etc
What else have you lost out of it then?

What tracks and days are you hoping to do this year?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
It's got

fibreglass bonnet
Heater removed
All sound deadening removed
80% of wiring removed from interior loom (more to go yet)
Dry cell battery
Lightweight door cards made
All trim/headlining removed

As for tracks as of yet not sure I'm hoping to get out to anything local probably do a few airfield days first as am yet to do a track day so aiming to start small as hopefully the car should be a lot more capable than me. Got few more bits yet but hopefully not long now
Nice!!

The thing i noticed is that the weight of the dash + loom is ABSURD!!!!!!!!! lot to gain there, and looks like you did!

Id wish mine was around that ....
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Yeah did away with a lot of wiring but also a lot of comfort by loosing the heavy heater etc but looking into heated screen also just thinking I'm going to remove a lot of the boot material as going to remove the inner skin as going to end up fitting aero catches to the boot as don't like my current pins.

Anyways you don't need need to worry bout weight with all that power you'll be pushing in yours lol
A heated screen would be great but I hate to think how much thats going to cost!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)