Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Giving up
#1
Sad 
Right iv finally given up on these French heaps of shite!

Chris has spent all week fixing my car and iv helped him for a full day today fitting the new engine. Finally finished at 1am this morning and 25 minutes later I'm on the side of the bloody road broken down again!

Iv never been so low in my life then I am right now Sad
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#2
what? whats happened this time? D:
#3
Damn man. What has actually gone wrong now?
#4
I think it's something to do with e camshaft. Oil temp alarm came on at 120 oc and engine temp was at 120 oc, when I stopped and opened the bonnet there is oil all over the left hand side
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#5
What really? F*** sake dude I feel so bad chap
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
#6
Ah man that sucks, can you see where the oil's come from?
#7
We're you driving at the time or just idling? Did Chris bleed the coolant system properly?
#8
may not be so bad dude...

give us the info...could be just a jubilee broke or pipe split or air in system...
Wishes for more power...
#9
I think it's coming from the left hand side of the rocker cover
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#10
as you look at the engine?? so gbox engine or cambelt end??
Wishes for more power...
#11
Cambelt end
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#12
is it not just blown out from the rocker cover?! seal gone...lost oil...temp risen...?

are you running tmic?
Wishes for more power...
#13
Yeah I think it is that. Both oil and engine temp hit 120 before I pulled over.

An fmic
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#14
ah brill. so you got good access then...get some cleaner on it to pinpoint it...
check your levels so you know which fluid is lost...

you be fixed before lunch...

get some pics up if not sure...if you closer Id come help
Wishes for more power...
#15
Ok will do bud.

I can't see why my temps would fly up that high though
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#16
check the levels...find the leak...fix...top up and then bleed the coolant system...

report
Wishes for more power...
#17
(24-02-2013, 07:56 AM)Scott Wrote: We're you driving at the time or just idling? Did Chris bleed the coolant system properly?

I was driving at the time and yeah we spent like 30 minutes making sure it was all sorted before driving it
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#18
Feel so bad for you mate Sad. Does sound like the coolant needs a rebleed did you cut a bottle in half and fill it up that way.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
#19
Shitballs man, that totally sucks Sad
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#20
Sounds to me like the coolant wasn't bled properly. Rise in coolant temp will obviously rise the block temp and maybe the oil temp from that. Assuming you haven boiled anything, it should be ok
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#21
120 is bad but hopefully it's not caused any head damage. With any luck it should be okay!
#22
It weren't it the red. I pulled over and shut it down just before it got into the red so I should be ok!?

Right findings time -

Just been over to the car and had a look and I've found

1. No coolant so I've check for leaks and found the heater matrix pipe was fully in so that's where I've lost all my coolant.

2. The oil level is just below max so I'm guessing I put a little too much oil in.

3. Camshaft is all ok.

4. The rocker cover seal is split on the left hand side (cambelt side)

5. My battery is fully flat.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#23
OK mate...not all bad...

repair or replace the cam/rocker cover seal...
fix the coolant leak and refill...
charge your battery

and you are back on the road
Wishes for more power...
#24
(24-02-2013, 11:23 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: OK mate...not all bad...

repair or replace the cam/rocker cover seal...
fix the coolant leak and refill...
charge your battery

and you are back on the road

What he said should sort it.
#25
Can replace it till Wednesday now.

But I've got the AA coming out to it out lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#26
AA may have some decent automotive sealant to sort the rocker gasket...

he will likely fill up the coolant too and bleed it...

charge up and away!
Wishes for more power...
#27
There we go simple fix then!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#28
glad it wasn't a disaster dude, days are getting longer and warmer (apparently) youl soon be loving it again Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
#29
I just couldn't be arsed with messing around with it today so that's why I'm letting them sort it put haha
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#30
fair enough, i feel the same after working into the night. felt like scrapping mine numerous times when you put everything back on to find the turbo fouls something so have to strip everything off again just to move it a couple of cm
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving in and scrapping the Pug Pughawk 7 7,126 29-11-2018, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  Giving up smoking again. bashbarnard 22 11,158 15-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Feel like giving up :( Piggy 33 19,815 19-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Danny2009

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)