Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
16-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Hi guys, just joined the forum got a question if someone could help me out?
I just recently tried to replace a wheel on my Pugeot 306 hdi glx and the internal wheel nuts (x2) snapped inside the hub. Tried to get them out but its not happening.
So I got a second hand hub to replace it with but I'm having trouble getting the ball joint to fit into the hub I don't know if I should try and spread it open as I fear of breaking the hub. If someone could help me out here id appreciate it
Thanks
Posts: 261
Threads: 11
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
0
Location: portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi meridian
There are 2 size to them ball joints to fit the hub, having a hdi u will have the bigger one of the 2
Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
(16-02-2013, 05:55 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: There are 2 size to them ball joints to fit the hub, having a hdi u will have the bigger one of the 2
By any chance is 1 16 mm and the bigger one is 18 mm ?
Posts: 261
Threads: 11
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
0
Location: portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi meridian
Yes mate I think the Gti6 also have 18mm so u have more of a choice at the scrappy lol
Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
(16-02-2013, 05:59 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: Yes mate I think the Gti6 also have 18mm so u have more of a choice at the scrappy lol
Cool. I took a trip to Scb in new bridge, found a HDI but the bloody brake calliper was seized on! Not happy!
Posts: 261
Threads: 11
Joined: Mar 2012
Reputation:
0
Location: portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi meridian
Could probs get away with giving it a good clean up around the seal of the piston to free it up abit.
Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
16-02-2013, 06:18 PM
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2013, 06:19 PM by Daniel-mcgowan.)
(16-02-2013, 06:07 PM)puggyhdi Wrote: Could probs get away with giving it a good clean up around the seal of the piston to free it up abit.
Yeah I might take a trip back up again and go for round 2! Doing my head in! Think it would be easier/cheaper to replace the bearing assembly in the old hub ?
Posts: 846
Threads: 31
Joined: Feb 2013
Reputation:
7
Location: Portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
I have snapped a cyclone bolt in mine before now.
Get hold of some HSS drill bits and on slow speed and plenty of WD40 drill it out.
Once drilled out re-tap the thread.
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Welcome along, as rich said, drill the fucker out
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 8,749
Threads: 208
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
60
Location: Wiltshire
Car Model/Spec: ph2 Gti6 / ph4 HDI Estate
Welcome.
Didnt quite get what you were on about. Have you snapped the bolts that hold the disc on or a wheel bolt?
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!
Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
17-02-2013, 02:07 PM
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2013, 02:09 PM by Daniel-mcgowan.)
(17-02-2013, 09:31 AM)Rich306 Wrote: I have snapped a cyclone bolt in mine before now.
Get hold of some HSS drill bits and on slow speed and plenty of WD40 drill it out.
Once drilled out re-tap the thread.
I did attempt to drill them out but I didn't get anywhere just went right through them they're not for coming out
(17-02-2013, 09:51 AM)puglove Wrote: Welcome.
Didnt quite get what you were on about. Have you snapped the bolts that hold the disc on or a wheel bolt?
Thanks mate, it's two wheel nuts! Two came off the other two snapped inside the disc bolts came out fine
(17-02-2013, 09:48 AM)Matt Wrote: Welcome along, as rich said, drill the fucker out
Thanks mate, tried to drill the Fucker's out but im left with holes all the way through.. haha
Posts: 1,497
Threads: 177
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Highlands, Scotland
Where in scotland are you from? im just outside inverness
Posts: 35
Threads: 8
Joined: Feb 2013
(17-02-2013, 03:09 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: Where in scotland are you from? im just outside inverness
Bathgate? Not too far from Edinburgh!
Posts: 1,497
Threads: 177
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
3
Location: Highlands, Scotland
Il be working in innerleithen for the next few weeks