Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Vibration in clutch peddle
#1
I fitted my front mount the other day and I had move the engine forwards off the mounts to change my inlet manifold.

I went back together all fine blah blah blah

Took it out for a spin today and I've sometimes got vibration through the clutch peddle, I rang dan! Up and he said it could be down to the engine mounts not being done up properly but I've now double checked that and they seem fine.

Any ideas?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#2
Part of the block or something that's static to the engine will be touching the cable.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#3
(26-12-2012, 05:17 PM)Dave Wrote: Part of the block or something that's static to the engine will be touching the cable.

Arh never thought of that! Could it be one of my FMIC pipes as they both go down the right hand side?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#4
Could be anything, this started happening to my brake/MC and my throttle and my clutch all after new blower lol. Possible wear in months to come but I just got used to it.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#5
That's alright then. I was getting kinda worried about it.
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#6
I had same problem until the conrod shat onto the road - now the engine is silent and vibration free!
Car history (starting Jan 2012):

106 1.1 Zest2 (Scrapped)
206 1.1 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Totaled)
BMW 318i E46 (Sold)
306 Dturbo (Engine failure)
306 HDi Estate (Sold)
306 Dturbo in black (Sold)
205 1.9 GTI (Sold)
Golf GT TDI
#7
(26-12-2012, 06:58 PM)Bengley Wrote: I had same problem until the conrod shat onto the road - now the engine is silent and vibration free!

Please don't tell me that Sad
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#8
And it's only wen I turn left aswell!
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#9
I think its an engine mount needing changed


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vibration and oil question therefused 3 2,626 19-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Last Post: therefused

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)