Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So I developed a misfire.....
#1
Driving along and suddenly I develop a misfire on cylinder 3....



Not again!!! Doh

Surprisingly, started and ran fine just on 3, still making oil pressure as big end was still on the crank.... considered driving it home if it wasn't pissing oil everywhere lol.... engine number 6 next...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#2
ouch, im surprised it didnt take the oil pump out with it
#3
what sort of rpm were you hitting when that happened?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
#4
3k no load, 2nd gear. Taken a pounding by some heavy vnt boost though...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#5
Funnily enough I've developed a misfire...f*cking beans do it to me every time!

But on a serious note gutted for you dude I remember doing the exact same thing (and it even looks like the same location on the engine!) in a car park...Least said about that night the better as I was supposed to be going to a party which was going to be pretty f*cking epic, then the engine decided to throw up its internals all over Tesco's car park and then to make matters worse I lost my rag booted the bumper and instead of hitting a nice plastic bit, I hit the reinforcing bar and damaged the ligaments in my foot...Still not healed completely!

So I feel your pain although I did the dipshit thing and scrapped the car, biggest mistake ever.
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
#6
Oh dear.. Was that on HDi rods?

Perfect timing too, just before xmas lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#7
Yeh f*cking shit timing! about to go to cornwall on solid engine oil so it costs me £0 but now I have to use my bros barryboy saxo which drinks fuel!

they were just stock DT rods... 35psi didnt help...
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#8
Your coming down in a saxo now?! Get James to tow your DT down here and we will fit one of my spare xuds while your here lol!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#9
misfire lol, tis but a scratch!
#10
ouch, not good dave. looks pretty heroicly done!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#11
(20-12-2012, 08:35 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Your coming down in a saxo now?! Get James to tow your DT down here and we will fit one of my spare xuds while your here lol!

I genuinely would, but James is going down different times, and im sure he wouldn't wanna do 340 miles laden with 2 and half tons....
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)