Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cleaning intake manifold
#1
I'm looking for suggestions on ways to clean an inlet manifold thats not gonna weaken / destroy it. It's metal, taken off the block and has all sensors etc and throttle removed.
Thanks for any advice.
#2
Ive got a metal cleaner in the garage that worked a treat, but before now Ive also put mine in a bucket/ bowl of warm water (especially in this weather, dont use hot) and some soap, some elbow grease never hurt anyone.

Funnel cleaners are the best though (I think theyre called funnel cleaners, the brushes for babies bottles).
#3
i used a pressure washer. cleaned mine out a right treat Smile
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#4
Matt put petrol in his and set fire to it.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#5
I used a whole can of carb cleaner, warm water and a toothbrush cleaning mine. After hours of that there was no difference so I gave up haha. Basically, carb cleaner or water aren't strong enough to get rid of oily EGR shit.
#6
gunclean
Wishes for more power...
#7
petrol!!!!!! its win.




makes a peeewwwwwwww noise when ignited too Big Grin
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#8
petrol is expensive!!!
Wishes for more power...
#9
(10-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Matt Wrote: petrol!!!!!! its win.




makes a peeewwwwwwww noise when ignited too Big Grin

I can vouch for this.

Also, dependent on your shoes, burns little holes in your socks when you try to put it out.

Or maybe that's just Matt
#10
yeah...... f*cking converse
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#11
Yes, clearly it was the shoes. Why didn't they think about this?!


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)