Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Right I still reckon its broken. Feels lumpy and annoying whenever I'm not battering the arse out of it. But meh, I dunno what else to check, so until I next bump into niall and he feels like pping my car again whilst we drive, i'm f*cking leaving it!

Anyways, I swear on the upside it's quicker with the Pipercross Viper induction kit fitted. Could just be the cold weather, but I popped into the local runway the other night, bunged my GoPro on the dash, and got a cheeky 0-somethingnorthof60 in Wink

Here for a limited time before I remove it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTrEymsYRdQ

I reckon that's pretty quick tbh!!

and before anyone asks, DEFINITELY a flat road, and in honesty I reckon it'd have been faster if I'dnot had to manage the wheelspin due to the tyres being so cold in this weather!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty quick to me!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Miles quicker than my rubbish old S16!

Ha ha looks pretty good
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
EFA Rolleyes

Becausemodpowerabuse
Thanks given by:
tbh mate that actually looks pretty slow anyway compared to any 6 of been in or seen a vid of. And no im not trolling
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 07:23 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: EFA Rolleyes

Becausemodpowerabuse

Ha ha ha what ever ya bell end mines faster
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://youtu.be/ERlAJHOhA8g?hd=1

could be worse ed. it could be that slow haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 07:26 PM)Niall Wrote: tbh mate that actually looks pretty slow anyway compared to any 6 of been in or seen a vid of. And no im not trolling

Meh; I've consistently timed it at 6.5secs to indicated 60mph, and about 11.5 to top of 3rd.... In my book that's pretty quick, particularly given the rubbish start where I had to completely lift off. But fair enough if you've been in quicker!

But yeah, christ I didn't realise how slow the Skoda was!!! Could definitely be worse Tongue
Thanks given by:
I know, you dont realise how slow cars are until you look down and think "f*ck im only doing 50, sure i was doing about 90"
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 09:51 PM)Niall Wrote: I know, you dont realise how slow cars are until you look down and think "f*ck im only doing 50, sure i was doing about 90"

Scary when it's the other way around though, pull out of slip road, put foot down a bit, then look down and realize you've sailed well into three figures lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 09:55 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 09:51 PM)Niall Wrote: I know, you dont realise how slow cars are until you look down and think "f*ck im only doing 50, sure i was doing about 90"

Scary when it's the other way around though, pull out of slip road, put foot down a bit, then look down and realize you've sailed well into three figures lmao

yeah ive only had 2 cars to do this, one of which i reach 140 in a 60 and thought all i had done was hoon it up to 70ish....dangerous!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Seems to pull well enough to me, where have you mounted the Viper?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 01:04 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Seems to pull well enough to me, where have you mounted the Viper?

At the moment, i've cut the standard inlet duct from the grille to make a bigger hole. I've then cut it just as it comes over the slam panel, and jubilee clipped the ducting form the viper to that for winter. In summer I'll be taking the cold feed from the foglight probably, but it's too low down there for winter!!!

I'll try and get a pic over lunchbreak if you're interested Smile
Thanks given by:
That sounds awesome! Sad I miss bwarp lol.
Thanks given by:
Well this is why I need to get a go pro. 3 times last night I tried getting a 0-60ish video and this is the best I ended up with lol

http://youtu.be/s8V3TXidEPA
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 07:26 PM)Niall Wrote: tbh mate that actually looks pretty slow anyway compared to any 6 of been in or seen a vid of. And no im not trolling

In fairness Neil, your '6 is slower than a phase 2.5 GTI with my fat ass behind the wheel, so Ed's could just be a little quicker than standard, jus sayin. Popcorn

Ed, it does look pretty quick Smile nice video, smooooooooooth Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah but Ginge it's Diablo so your comment will become completely irelavent once it's undriveable due to one side being shorter than the other.

It's 100% fact this happens to all Diablo 6s. True story!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 03:13 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah but Ginge it's Diablo so your comment will become completely irelavent once it's undriveable due to one side being shorter than the other.

lol lol

ah this is true... how silly of me to think that a diablo will go round corners and use its brakes effectively.. Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 03:20 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 03:13 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah but Ginge it's Diablo so your comment will become completely irelavent once it's undriveable due to one side being shorter than the other.

lol lol

ah this is true... how silly of me to think that a diablo will go round corners and use its brakes effectively.. Doh

There is an anti crash device that you can buy to protect your Diablo. It's called 4 pots.

Sorry Scott...I mean ed.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looks good, appears to be about roughly normal for a car weighed down with that many raccoons

I need a gay pro too.
Thanks given by:
Why, when I open this thread and as the title of the last few posts, does this say 'Scott's fully-working.....'?

Confused
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I'm guessing someone changed it for comedic affect due to the similarity to Scott's car...
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 04:53 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm guessing someone changed it for comedic affect due to the similarity to Scott's car...

Meeeeeeee!

Nah, i wish i could take credit for this highly dragged out, quite childish troll but i cant.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:00 PM)Niall Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 04:53 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm guessing someone changed it for comedic affect due to the similarity to Scott's car...

Meeeeeeee!

Nah, i wish i could take credit for this highly dragged out, quite childish troll but i cant.

Whoever did this is a legend. Rofl
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 03:21 PM)Niall Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 03:20 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

lol lol

There is an anti crash device that you can buy to protect your Diablo. It's called 4 pots.

Sorry Scott...I mean ed.

Please stop all the talk of me crashing my car! Sad
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:49 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Please stop all the talk of me crashing my car!

We were talking about ginge doing it. I think hes jealous of your car, partly cos its almost as ginger as he is and secondly you get inside the car far more often than him.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:51 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 05:49 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Please stop all the talk of me crashing my car!

We were talking about ginge doing it. I think hes jealous of your car, partly cos its almost as ginger as he is and secondly you get inside the car far more often than him.

Car envy.... I didn't expect it to be this bad...
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty rapid to be fair Ed. Maybe because there is actually no R.C filter it's free'd it up abit?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:49 PM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: Please stop all the talk of me crashing my car! Sad

Dont worry im sure you won't!!!!

Just dont go near any ford focus' or "cyclists"
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 01:23 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 01:04 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Seems to pull well enough to me, where have you mounted the Viper?

At the moment, i've cut the standard inlet duct from the grille to make a bigger hole. I've then cut it just as it comes over the slam panel, and jubilee clipped the ducting form the viper to that for winter. In summer I'll be taking the cold feed from the foglight probably, but it's too low down there for winter!!!

I'll try and get a pic over lunchbreak if you're interested Smile

Yeah sounds interesting a photo would be good, when I get round to it I want to ditch my stainless exhaust system and go back to bwarp instead.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,851 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 136,332 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle