Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Cambs
Car Model/Spec: 1.6 Meridian
01-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Morning all! Just signing up and saying hi to celebrate my first steps into pug ownership.
I picked up at 1.6 Meridian at the weekend... so far so good!
... can anyone tell me though is it supposed to sound like a jet engine winding down when it stops?!
Ta
Posts: 8,749
Threads: 208
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
60
Location: Wiltshire
Car Model/Spec: ph2 Gti6 / ph4 HDI Estate
Welcome along.
Sounds like s
The person before has unplugged the fans so they stay on flat out all the time.
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!
Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Cambs
Car Model/Spec: 1.6 Meridian
Rhank all for the friendly welcomes
Erm ... ok .... so these fan things then?! What's that mean? Is this a good thing? Bad thing? Something I should worry about???
At the moment it's a very bland looking navy blue ... although I have polished it now so it's a bit shinier than it was! I'll add some pics when I figure it out! LOL
Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Cambs
Car Model/Spec: 1.6 Meridian
01-11-2012, 05:37 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2012, 05:43 PM by akamilly.)
(01-11-2012, 05:32 PM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: you will be much happier in life with an XUD! 
welcome!
... ok ... what's an XUD?!
Newbie alert!
//// Ah ... just seen. Hmm sadly mine isn't one. Ho hum. :S
(01-11-2012, 05:34 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The fans would normally kick in when your engine gets to a certain temperature to help cooling, ie. when sat in traffic. If one of the sensors (cant think which off the top of my head, someone will be along shortly to tell you which one) is disconnected, the fans will run continuously, until the engine is switched off, or the sensor is replaced/connected.
Not really anything to worry about, but its one of those niggly things that is actually a pretty easy fix. 
OK - good to know it's nothing to worry about. I like not worrying!
Cheers m'dear
(01-11-2012, 09:10 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: Hello and welcome. 
Like the wheels on the pic.
Posts: 8
Threads: 1
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Cambs
Car Model/Spec: 1.6 Meridian
(01-11-2012, 05:41 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: The XUD is a diesel engine.
And no worries, we all have to start somewhere! 
LOL ... give me a couple of weeks ... I'll catch up!