Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
scraping
#1
on the car park at work weve got stupidly high speed bumps, which ive never had a problem with. in the last week ive started hearing a scraping noise when i go over. any ideas what i can do to stop this/what it might be?
#2
I can think of 3 choices,
- park somewhere else
- raise the car
- put up with the scraping

How's the rear been looking? Any camber on the rear wheels ?
On the 306 waiting list.
#3
Probably your exaust hanging off. Either that or the speed bumps grown.... Confused
#4
HAve a look underneath and see whats been scraped, im with tom though, probably exhaust, maybe the rubbers starting to sag or something.
#5
Sound. Was worried it could be suspension. Nowhere else to park. And no camber that I can tell of
#6
I wouldn't worry to much about it, until you leave behind a rainbow road. Then you should maybe worry about it
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#7
Drive over them at an angle, That always used to help me, but theres not really any need to be that low lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
#8
No need at all, but looks gorgeous Smile
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#9
There is that, it'll be the exhaust, or if your rather low it'll be the floor pan (spine tingling crunch and grind) ha
Doesnt even own a 306.
#10
That's it. As far as I'm aware I'm at standard height. That's why I'm worried haha.
#11
Standard height? Are you sure your not mistaking a mountain for a speedbump!? Lol not serious but jeeeeez there must be some BFO speedbumps where you work.
Doesnt even own a 306.
#12
scrapping at standard height?! think you should stick you head under the car as whatever is touching the floor will be obvious!
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
#13
If there's nothing obvious scraping when you look underneath I suggest you jack the rear end, take the drivers side rear wheel off and look at the condition of your arch liner, my guess is your beam is going and the tyre is scuffing the rear liner. I have exactly this problem, only ever happens on certain speed humps in my village so I just take them slower.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
#14
If I ever encounter a speed bump (there are none near me for 32.79miles, I'm a wurzel) my inner hick takes over and I put my foot flat to the floor. Works for tractors?


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)