Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Cause you've been spending all your money on gay bikes, not win shinies for the car!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I've heard you've been spending all your money on other stuff mr doe. Scott told me he has something for you lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:15 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Cause you've been spending all your money on gay bikes, not win shinies for the car!

Clearly you havent spent much time speaking to me recently ninja
Many a shiny have been put in the pipeline for the car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 09:23 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I've heard you've been spending all your money on other stuff mr doe. Scott told me he has something for you lmao

He sent that to my work email you gay! lmao in properly creased at my desk when I read it though! He wouldn't tell me who it was but it could only be you!

Add me some valeo graphite masks to the list! ninja
Thanks given by:
lmao wanted to post it direct but he wouldn't give me your address Sad

Add your money to my alloy wheel fund and i'll add you to my list Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell you must drive slowly, i dont get much better than 33mpg when "behaving" myself on the motorway.
Thanks given by:
I don't follow Dum? I was driving uber economy style to get 33mpgvon back roads... It'd be a lot easier to achieve on a motorway when you're travelling at constant speed!
Thanks given by:
uber economy style = slow

My point was you have done amazingly well to do that on fun twisty a roads with alot of acceleration/deceleration when I can barely better that figure on the motorway.
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 10:44 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: uber economy style = slow
Uber economy style = low revs which doesn't always mean slow
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
DumDum that suggests that Eds car is just in a healthier condition buddy! If the injectors, oil, filters sparks etc are all good then it'll be more economical than a similar car where they aren't quite up to scratch...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 01:46 PM)kernow_joe Wrote:
(13-10-2012, 10:44 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: uber economy style = slow
Uber economy style = low revs which doesn't always mean slow

This! You don't have to drive slowly to get mpg, trust me on that haha. Wink
Thanks given by:
I get you now Dum! Smile it took a LOT of willpower haha!!
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 09:04 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: it took a LOT of willpower

LOL, looks like im never gonna see that economy then. Someone stole my will power.
Thanks given by:
Top tip: keep the Notting Hill soundtrack cd in the car for when economy is absolutely neccessary. Works a treat ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
LOL, I dont think i own anything that tragic. Its all happy hardcore, drum and bass and a little bit of other dancy stuff.
Thanks given by:
Averaged 15.45 mpg today.. not quite as good as you guys Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2012, 10:17 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Top tip: keep the Notting Hill soundtrack cd in the car for when economy is absolutely neccessary. Works a treat ThumbsUp

so, leave the Agony and Ecstasy cd in the nad then yeah? Tongue
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Flol! I wondered where that cd went!! Are you enjoying it though? It's probably my favourite album at the moment!
Thanks given by:
Yes! It is epic on the motorway cruise, raving along haha

Thanks given by:
Small update

Took the Tuwinis off and put them into storage for winter tonight. They were completely minging with road filth etc when I took them off and I didn't have a chance to clean then up so will be heading back down with plenty of product to make a good go of them this weekend. I don't want to leave them too long as the dirt will get into the lacquer and be a nightmare to get off!!

Put the clones back on, and oh my god the ride is Sooooo much smoother!! It's not nearly as super sharp due to the soggy sidewalls of the spec2s, but the trade off is it doesn't track the road which is a bit tiring in winter when I'm not trying to exploit the added camber...

Having had a brief chat with Ruan, and having put a few miles on the car last weekend, I think it may be bump steering at the back slightly on hard cornering, so may be looking at trimming the bumpstops.

That, and I need to look at my ball joints. In complete honesty its Ruan who's suggested both of those, but I do feel particularly today it was a lot more skittish than normal. Might've been the wet roads, but it just felt like it was tracking the road a lot more than usual...

I'll keep this updated as regards the ball joints as there's not much point in buying meyle hd stuff if they're not gonna last any longer than boggo shit. These have only been on for a few thousand miles...
Thanks given by:
Aw what, no pics?!

Just noticed in the title too, that this is fully working.

Can you confirm the operation of the alarm and alarm siren? :p
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Right.

I'm friggin annoyed with my car at the moment.

So basically, since doing my oil change the other day, I've had symptoms of a slightly iffy ICV. Only very slight, so i was thinking it may be just that I didn't put the ptfe gasket on straight and it might've been letting a bit of air in.

Anyway, on Wednesday morning the car started stalling when dipping the clutch from any rpms. Stalled like 6times on the way to work which was, needless to say, a collossal pain in the arse. Anyway, after the car sitting idling for a bit in the work carpark and me checking and wiggling the plugs on the throttle body, it seemed totally fine.

Thursday morning it started doing the hunting idle with even the slightest blip on the throttle by the time I got to work. Again, f*cking annoying.

This morning it seemed a bit better, besides a slight wandering idle. It didn't feel completely up to par though, and on the way home it also felt a bit odd. It just seemed to have a LOT of engine braking. There's a hill I normally have to brake down even in 4th, but today it was holding constant speed in 6th on just the engine.... It also seems as a result I'm having to put my foot down a bit more before the engine starts accelerating the car. It just seems in gear there's a larger 'dead spot' than usual. And it's more jerky at light throttle. Before you ask, I've DEFINITELY got the TPS plugged in, and in neutral it revs up fine with no hesitation etc. Just in gear?!

I got home and took the ICV off, took the screws out of it, sprayed a load of brake cleaner in it and all the airways in it, and then reassembled. Also took all the plugs off the tb and put them back on. It certainly idles a little better, and I'll have a good drive of it tomorrow and report back, but imo it's still not right imo...

Anyone have any ideas at all what it could be??

I'm thinking possibly one of the following;

1. Me adjusting to having the cyclones back on with different tyres etc.
2. Me with very thin soled shoes on today meaning my foot was angled further than normal
3. A gammy sensor
4. an exhaust leak (the midbox did hit the remains of a deer in the road pretty hard on Thursday evening on the way back from work??) That and the flames coming out of it a couple of weekends ago couldnt have done it much good...

Any and all help much appreciated, it's really getting me down this.
Thanks given by:
Res bung still in place?

Thanks given by:
It's probably the ICV. I've had several fail on me and despite people saying they have repaired theirs in the past I have never had any success - it just improves them temporarily.

I have a genuine one in my toolbox, but it's meant for a later 1.8 engine and whilst it will work on your engine only one bolt-hole lines up, so it's up to you but it's there if you want it. I can get pics if you're interested.
Thanks given by:
Sam: Yes still in place!

CAR: Cheers yeah if you could take some photos that'd be awesome please Smile Got your pm too; I'm sure I've got tehm kicking about... I can't remember where they are now?!!?!
Thanks given by:
Fair dios, was a just a thought, I know they're only held in by the o ring.

as car said really, icv probably. Make sure you disconnect the battery before you unplug any sensors tho, and give it a few minutes for the ecu to reset before connecting the batt back up

Thanks given by:
You sure you have to pull the battery in between pulling sensors? Does it not just reset automatically? If it doesn't I'm confused as it was running fine after my oil change and I took all the sensors out in preparation to put the oil cooler sandwich plate on...
Thanks given by:
It's been said for yonks that if you disconnect your battery for half hour your ECU will reset or default to factory parameters. Never seen any documentation/evidence of it though and it never helped me when I had a stalling gti6 and replaced the ICV. As for pulling sensors, just don't do it whilst the ignition is on and it'll be fine*

*probably.
Thanks given by:
When I changed the icv on Irene, it didn't make any difference until I unplugged the battery and reset the ecu. Also had to reset it one time after it was idling at 2.5k

For the effort of twisting the positive off, why wouldn't you?

Thanks given by:
Ed I've already told you that you can have an ICV from a GTi-6!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,734 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 134,767 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle