Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So Magic Trees
#1
A fairly well-known product to a petrolhead, right? Buy one and your car smells nice for what seems like 2 days at most.

Yet still we buy them frequently.

They've been 'Magic Trees' since as long as I've been driving. I always buy one before selling a car because it makes the car smell nice (and as such, I've been buying a lot recently!). Now the new HDi smells like a cross between a teenagers bedroom and some fish food, not good.

Bought one yesterday and saw that they have changed the name -

[Image: 1fbf5a06.jpg]

So they are no longer magic Sad

Yes, I am incredibly bored today.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#2
Sod that, Jelly Belly air freshners in either blueberry or juicy pear are fooking WIN!
[Image: 4jellybellyfreshners2d.png&compression=100]

Loads of smells Smile
http://www.jellybelly-uk.com/jelly-belly...ccessories
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#3
Little trees? Whaaaa?

Btw, new car scent is rank.....black ice ftw! Also they last longer if you read the packet....only open a bit at a time. Wink
#4
I saw the Jelly Bellies Mark.

The Jelly Belly one was £2.04
The Magic Tree was £1.96

So Mrs C.A.R.s logic came into play Sad
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#5
(02-08-2012, 11:56 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: I saw the Jelly Bellies Mark.

The Jelly Belly one was £2.04
The Magic Tree was £1.96

So Mrs C.A.R.s logic came into play Sad

But the jelly belly ones last longer and smell AMAZING! so it makes the extra 8p worth it Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#6
How much!? I never pay more than a quid for magic trees lol.
#7
Jelly beans smell amazing . . . .vote here for them . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#8
Blueberry Jelly Bellies are horrible, partner has one in hers and it makes me feel ill!

Ice Blue or Black Ice ftw, shame they no longer have magical abilities though.
#9
All the magic tree ones give me headaches and make me feel sick Sad

I don't see the need anyway, my car smells fine, just bloody clean it every now and again lmao
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#10
You have to get rid of the previous owner smell when you get a 'new' car though Kez. Tongue

Especially if they've had some f*cking rank banana air freshner in there! Confused
#11
new car scent FTW.

got about a million of them at home...
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#12
Them Jelly Beans are garbage. I got box's of them when I worked at a major supermarket, had about 4 in the estate atm but they lose there smell after a day. I go for black ice everytime. Put one in just before the ar was laid up and 18 months later I opened the door and was hit straight in the face with it. Best smell ever
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#13
You're all fools... California scents is where it's at !
On the 306 waiting list.
#14
blue magic trees . to bad as u said they only last harf hour after open ha
#15
Large black ice or nothing imo!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#16
California scents, they last for ever and were like £2~ on amazon recently (might still be )
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#17
And they smell worse than some of the potent aromas emitting from my arse...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#18
your all pussys

man farts and fish and chips best smell ever!
#19
Got a Leeds Rhinos one in the Skoda. Smells shit but their 5 times Superleague champions, who am I to argue?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#20
I was going to say the same as Jake. Cali scents are by far the best value for money. They seriously last 2 months+ and they have about 20 different scents. I put a pineapple one in my dads car about 4 months ago, after it had already been in my car for a month, and you can still smell it now Smile
#21
If you look closely in this picture you can see my 'magic forest' only have about 15 at the minute, its a conversation piece if anything else lol

[attachment=2030]
#22
(04-08-2012, 11:51 AM)Bananalad Wrote: If you look closely in this picture you can see my 'magic forest' only have about 15 at the minute, its a conversation piece if anything else lol

Bet it stilll doesn't get rid of the diesel smell. Confused

I always wonder I see hundreds of air freshners if they're there for a laugh or if the car/owner really smells that bad. Tongue
#23
California Scents ftw they last about a month, probably more Smile
#24
Just keep the car clean, mine smells fine unless I don't vacuum it for a month or two...
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#25
(04-08-2012, 04:30 AM)cully Wrote: your all pussys

man farts and fish and chips best smell ever!

lol @ cully
#26
I've got a dog who's regularly in the car (she goes everywhere with me!) so my air freshener is changed quite often but have noticed of late that the magic trees don't seem to pack as much punch as they used to I remember in my old Rover about 4 years ago I could put one in and it'd last ages even with me smoking in the car. Now you can put it in it's nice and strong then half an hour later the smell's gone completely Sad

Vanillaroma FTW though, although I have now switched to the dark side, BlueBerry Jelly Belly's smell epic!!!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
#27
Strawberry magic tree FTMFW!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#28
Personally I hate things hanging of my rear view mirror. But I have a dash polish that smells like strawberries and that last for a good few days and cleans your dash Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#29
(05-08-2012, 10:55 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Personally I hate things hanging of my rear view mirror. But I have a dash polish that smells like strawberries and that last for a good few days and cleans your dash Smile

Who said you have to hang them on your mirror? Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#30
(05-08-2012, 11:11 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(05-08-2012, 10:55 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Personally I hate things hanging of my rear view mirror. But I have a dash polish that smells like strawberries and that last for a good few days and cleans your dash Smile

Who said you have to hang them on your mirror? Tongue

Suppose I could hang them on my k**b Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  magic friday! cully 12 6,900 25-11-2016, 09:31 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  its the magic day !!! daddyfixit 8 4,377 03-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Eddleston
  its the magic day !!! daddyfixit 14 7,844 17-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: silverzx

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)