front suspension problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front suspension problems
hi, my car car has got new front shocks, top mounts & bearings, drop links, lower arms and bush's ball joints , tie rod ends & anti roll bar bush's, but it still knocks and rattles and clunks. all engine mounts are fine. anyone got any idea's? i thought it might be the CV joints or the hole that the ball joint goes into is f**ked. it's proper doin my head in. forgot to mention when i drive off a kerb (not fast) something bangs this happens on both sides
Thanks given by:
It could be:

Drop links (you haven't mentioned them above but I am sure you very well have replaced them)
The steering rack
Ovalled hub
Driveshafts (or as you correctly say the CV joints)

Get underneath with a pry bar and give everything a wiggle around is the best bet Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
hi grant, should i jack up the car or leave it on the grond while i check everthing. I did change the drop links
Thanks given by:
Jack it up preferably. Are there any particular scenarios where it will make noises? I.e. under braking or steering?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
braking is fine there all new aswell, mainly Steering and general driving m8, aslo when going over bumps, i've tightend all the the bolts i have disturbed. I havent had this car long so i'm just trying to get it to drive well before i start doing mods to engine
Thanks given by:
Good idea to sort it mechanically first Smile

Check all bolts weather you have disturbed them or not.

-Have you replaced the pinch bolt where the ball joint enters the hub?
-Are both bolts present in the P-bush?
-Are the ARB bushes tightened properly in clamps?
-Are the struts tightly secured in the top mounts? Have you done them up with a spanner and allen key?
-Is he subframe tight and secure properly? There are 6 or 8 bolts holding it. I forget.
-Is the rack secured to the subframe properly? When the car is jacked up and you hold the wheel at 9 and 3 can you wobble it anywhere?

All questions I would be asking myself Wink

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I getting sum new pinch bolts as soon as i can get to pug shop. the rack is that held on to the sub frame by 2 bolts because ive seen a bolt near the center of the frame that is bent looks like its has had a wack
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front top spring suspension Welshy_Pete 4 1,852 21-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  front suspension johnnygomez 5 1,736 10-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Last Post: johnnygomez
  fitting a front suspension ball joint impotentials 3 2,060 29-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Poodle