Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Debadged boot
#1
Hows it done?
I'm guessing remove the badge and weld/filler over, then paint??
Also how do you open the boot with nothing to open it with? :/
Any and all help please
#2
You need a boot popper solenoid fitting to pop the boot for you.

Had one on my last 306, complete pain in the arse IMO.
Don't think it looked very good either personally.
#3
Remove the badge and there is a square behind. Weld or glue in some plate behind this and then skim and respray.

If you have dewipered your car you can take the wiper motor wires to a boot popper solenoid. You then pop the boot by turning the rear wiper on and off again quickly.

[Image: j5DVZaNKBAey2.jpg]
#4
Piece of piss, if you look in our guides section there is a guide in there.


Basically you can use the standard locking solenoid with a slight re wire and a bicycle spoke and a small spring to pop the boot open.
You will need somebody to weld a plate in and then get it filled and sprayed but even that is remarkably simple.


If you want the wiring/solenoid sorted feel free to bring it to me in Aylesbury I'll do it for you for free, well, a couple of beers or a pack of bacon wouldn't go amiss. I can weld and believe I have some plate here but I don't feel I'm up to the standard of doing anyone else's bodywork.
#5
Thanks a lot man, it's only an idea at the moment due to funds but I'll be in touch


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)