Brake to hard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake to hard
Hi guys, recently a bought a 306, i did had the time to test it properly, i brought the car today to work, and i notice that when had to brake in a shorter distance the pedal was hard, and not braking with efficiency! Is it the abs pump or brake pads?the rear ones were replaced by the former owner a couple of weeks ago..
Regards
Thanks given by:
Check that pads are all ok, that is a good first check.

If the pedal is going hard that can indicate a lack/loss of vacuum going to the brake servo. Check all your vacuum lines are attached and intact Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Id be starting with the vacuume pump , lines etc and working back to the servo
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2014, 09:22 AM)swampy Wrote: Id be starting with the vacuume pump , lines etc and working back to the servo

That's assuming its an UX10 engine with a pump...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah need to know what engine... The hdi and xuds used pumps, the petrols used the natural vacuum from inlet
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I have a Hdi DTurbo from 99 Ph2...If i connect in a diagnostic machine will find the fault?
Thanks given by:
It might point the in the right direction but i doubt it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2014, 09:42 AM)jonas306 Wrote: I have a Hdi DTurbo from 99 Ph2...If i connect in a diagnostic machine will find the fault?

In short, no.

If the brake pedal is very hard to push, but doesnt go down the floor and the harder you push the more the car slows, then it all points to a failure in the brake assist system...or servo.

Either the servo has a leak, or the vacuum pump and pipes which create the vacuum within the servo have failed or are leaking.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If i have time i will put in the ramp at work...I talked with my mechanic he referred the servo also..Thanks for the help, i will give news soon..
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Hard brake P-306 Fannpann 15 3,275 28-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Fannpann
  Hard Brake Pedal ct-hdi 5 1,353 04-01-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: ct-hdi
  Hard brake pedal? clarkey2010 1 1,050 09-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Piggy