Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
ARP head studs, what torque to do the nuts to?
#1
As title says, what torque do I do the ARP nuts to?

Also what socket do I need for the nuts? It's not an 'E' socket.

Thanks
Paul
#2
T55 or T65 rings a bell. 100 lbft
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5







#3
Its a 12point socket i.believe
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#4
I think people have said just standard factory torque settings. Should say in your headgasket box/wrapper/thingy.
Doesnt even own a 306.
#5
might go a bit tighter than standard figures haha

What size 12 point socket? anybody know?
#6
Zx_volcano told me 100ftlbs and as said it's a 12point socket no idea on size tho would like to no my self so I got one ready



#7
Im confused, Surely you just try the nut in a socket and if it fits use that one?
Doesnt even own a 306.
#8
molegrips? hammer and chisel?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
#9
17mm/19mm 12 sided socket isn't it?!

ARPs website tells you as long as you know the size, tensile strength and thread pitch...

Ignore the green, that's not me...

[Image: tq.jpg]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#10
(05-02-2014, 09:00 PM)Tom Wrote: I think people have said just standard factory torque settings. Should say in your headgasket box/wrapper/thingy.


Do NOT do these so factory settings, they don't stretch so you will ruin them. I'm sure they are either 95ftlb or 100ftlb when I did mine, zx volcane will be along shortly to clarify I'm sure.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#11
Heh well there you go kids, dont do everything you read on the internet!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#12
So is it 17 or 19mm..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#13
Off the top of my head i think its a 16mm 12 sided socket

If you've got a 3/8" set, just try a few multipoints on till you get the right one

ARP recommended torque is 100 ft/lbs

Do them up in 3 stages, ie all to 33, then all to 66 the finally all to 100

Follow standard bolt pattern for tightening sequence

Probably a good idea to check the torque after a couple of heat cycles too.


Always use the arp fastener lube, and clean the threads out in the block with a tap


(05-02-2014, 10:19 PM)Tom Wrote: Heh well there you go kids, dont do everything you read on the internet!

Too right


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Read only???? Also head studs question ekjdm14 1 2,731 28-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head head head studs ??? Yungpug 1 2,668 11-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  ARP Head Studs WITHOUT CUSTOM SPACERS!!!! SonnyRoby 36 27,951 31-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Piggy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)