How do I do this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I do this
I got a fail on the handbrake yesterday (said it wasnt efficient enough, it had new cables on it this last time year cause one snapped, but havent drove it much at all, so hasnt had a chance to "adjust").....but if it's not "efficient" enough for the braking test, how am I suuposed to "use it" to get it working right when it failed and it needs driven and used...but cant....catch 22
Thanks given by:
Does the hand brake come up a long way? if so just adjust the hand brake cables on the back of the hand brake under the center console

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
No it's fine....it's obviously not gripping the disc good enough, but fine when holding on a hill, as I proved yesterday when he got the key for it brought it in to test it....I'm buggered as in what to do
Thanks given by:
Pump the brakes and rip the handbrake a few times
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Shit...didnt think of that, I'd just hope that after doing it and taking it back, it was ok
Thanks given by:
Go over the discs with some fine sandpaper/coarse emery paper and squirt some wd40 into the moving parts of the mechanism. Won't last long, but should get you through the test. Smile

Really you want to strip the caliper down and rebuild it, only way to ensure it will fix the problem tbh.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
er, just be really careful to not get any wd40 on the discs/pads!!!! that wont help!
I have seen a couple mods on rear calipers on the arms so that the force is increased...have to look into that...I like a good firm hand....brake
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Grease the piston and sliders on the rear calipers and she will come right. I haven't had a fail on handbrake yet with a 306.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2013, 06:52 AM)Poodle Wrote: Go over the discs with some fine sandpaper/coarse emery paper and squirt some wd40 into the moving parts of the mechanism. Won't last long, but should get you through the test. Smile

Really you want to strip the caliper down and rebuild it, only way to ensure it will fix the problem tbh.

They're well worn in and had new cables this time last year, hasnt driven much though, but holding on hills are fine, and taking away with it on (when seeing if both side at the back sink) is fine too, as he found out (tester) when going to get it. I'll just need to work it as in in gear and move with it on a few times and hope it works.

Got a few others things to fix too though
Thanks given by: