Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Driving like an old lady
#1
Just wondering what's the best fuel consumption everyone has had from our various states of tune?
I've just eaked 592 miles on a tank with a 9mm Bosch lda grind and gov mod and a GT15 making 20psi. I was very impressed with this return even if it did mean I had to drive like mother Theresa. Apart from the 2 times I had goons following too close so I booted it to cover them in black smoke! They soon back off. :-)
If I boot it everywhere I can get as low as 400 miles per tank, so it does make quite a considerable difference. Anyone beat 592?
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
#2
2.1 GT2056s at 1.3bar(about 19psi), 11mm pump, fully modded, leaking no4 injector

I got 320miles from half a tank last week....spirited drive to Minehead and back

(and 50% veg...)
Wishes for more power...
#3
Ive beat that in my ZX
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5







#4
I got 620 the other week going down to my sisters in Stoke and back. Mostly motorway between 70-80mph (aimed not to go above 3k rpm). Running a Bosch 9mm pump that's been stage 1 tuned/ lda ground and a straight through decat system, still std topmount intercooler.

Usually only get about 400-450 though.
#5
(09-12-2013, 09:00 AM)Anton Wrote: Ive beat that in my ZX

plus we've got a smaller tank
#6
Must. Try. Harder.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
#7
(09-12-2013, 09:55 AM)306pc Wrote: Must. Try. Harder.

It's the smiles per gallon get that turbo on soon forget about how many miles your getting Wink



#8
I got 720 miles out of my 406 HDi, roughly 59 MPG.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#9
When I filled up for the Christmas meet I got 550 miles and had about 1/4 of tank left
#10
when i first got the car i tried motorway driving at 60mph to max out the economy and got 550-600 miles to a tank, but then found it much more fun to hoon instead and take 400-450 miles to a tank as it wasn't worth the boredom :p


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)