Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
*Josie* the HDi
#1
[Image: pug0053sml.jpg]

So..more like a maintenance story than a project. The goal of this car is to keep it running while doing small mods just to learn about cars.

Will update soon with previous pics and work.

Last night I got this on though:

[Image: IMG-20111213-00541.jpg]

Not too sure about this side and why its like this but I have been assured it will be fine.

[Image: IMG-20111213-00542.jpg]
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
#2
That brace looks weird! What's with the cut out?

Car looks good though Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#3
On some cars there is something there thats in the way. I had it on a 1.6.

Car looks good though, why the big plaster? Looks cool though
#4
Dunno, apparently its to fit around some car's body part, its very flexible, like you can twist the metal at that point so not sure how good it would be under hard performance but I doubt I will notice a difference with my use.

Edit: ah thanks mark! sorry didnt see you posted before I did. - Plaster covered really bad peeling paint work and it was cheaper than buying a new bonnet for now anyway! So covers the peeling paint, and prevents it from getting worse :p Plus its gets a smile from people walking by when in traffic Big Grin
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
#5
Oh right, maybe just for show then if it flexes?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#6
Well the actual cross brace is pretty damn solid the way it is fixed now and it corners better so I'm happy with it.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
#7
I like it. Keep it. Its only a bit of peeling paint.

The strut will be fine and will do the job. As I said its better than the e tech ones that are like cheese.

I am just glad it fits the car, cos it does not fit a dturbo with or with out the intercooler.

Must be made for the hdi, 1.6 and maybe 1.8.
#8
Looks good, of it helps the handling then it's spot on, my strut Brace had major peeling paint and was several shades of orange/red.

Sanded it all down and painted again. Look 7hours start to finish Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#9
Its was a lucky fit over the ecu but works. Tempted to sand it down and spray it white..still got some hammerite from my alloys left over
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
#10
Get the nitromorse out. I had too as my brace had 6 layers of paint on it, where previous owner just kept spraying over it
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#11
ohh look what I got for £15 Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20120105-00570.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120105-00569.jpg]
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)