Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hello!
#1
Hi all,

Bought a 306 Cabriolet X reg last week!

1.8 16v engine is really nice! Bit better than the 1.4 8v 106 I've had for 3 years.

I've done a search of the forums, but can't find the answer to one of my ambitious plans... is the GTi-6 box a straight swap?

Many thanks!

Matt
#2
Welcome aboard Smile

I believe the 'box will fit no problem, but bear in mind the wheel will catch it on lock as it's larger, unless you also fit a GTi-6 steering rack too... and we can welcome you to the world of no right hand lock! You'd also need the gear stick and related for the lift reverse.
#3
Welcome along mate Smile as curt said. As long as you swap the rack too you will have no problem Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#4
Welcome along mate, are you the guy who's project thread I posted in over on 106owners?
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#5
Yeah that's me Smile
#6
ah thought so, get some pics up over here man!
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#7
Welcome along to the forum!
#8
Welcome to the house of fun!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

#9
Welcome bud. Get some pics of the cabby. Ive always like the cabriolet
#10
As requested... Also is this Ph2 or Ph3? I can never tell the difference :p

Excuse mum cleaning the expanse of cigarettes off the seats left by the previous owner. It was stupidly dirty haha

[Image: 337419_10151069898088978_192771641_o.jpg]

[Image: 331317_10151069899908978_1309925480_o.jpg]

[Image: 339831_10151069900713978_1790215555_o.jpg]

[Image: 615773_10151069997373978_338433489_o.jpg]

Think I might scrap the 6 speed idea for a while then! Need a Haynes manual to see how hard it is to do work on these things.

Matt
#11
Welcome along. Very nice looking cabby you have
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#12
Welcome to the world of 306-ing lol.. Nice looking cab!!
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)