Strippage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strippage
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Mattcheese31 Wrote:what you replacing seats for? . .they look smart, it's not as if you track your car or owt' is it? . .Smile

Lol ive already said this to him,

I have a pet hate of f*cking harness's in road cars, makes you look like such a friggin goof imo!

i had a set in a previous, flipping annoying and i could not use the stereo or heating unless i unclipped whilst driving which meant pullingover - i was soooo glad when i sold them lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:No Peugeots are Galvanized for the record... I was someone who believed they are...

They are Zinc Phorescent dipped - that's why they don't rust that badly...

But 306s usually rust in the upper rear arches and just behind the front wheels... If you find the zinc dip hang points, follow the chassis round there, that's where they always fail, just underneath there, but they're usually covered in underseal/plastic/mud/crap so no one ever notices it.

[Image: whatever.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ill be keeping my seats! Just put them in storage
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:i had a set in a previous, flipping annoying and i could not use the stereo or heating unless i unclipped whilst driving which meant pullingover - i was soooo glad when i sold them lol

If you have arms like Mr Tickle like I do, it's no problem!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
It is though, cant lean in the back for stuff, lean out the window / hang out the door for reversing ( Wink ), or do just about anything you can normally do in your car, and when the heck do you corner fast enough on the road to really need that level of support lol?

Zinc plating is just a thin form of galvanizing though really, does the same job, and works uber well, compare a 10 year old pug to a 10 year old ford!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
It does feel so much better though, being properly supported...

Even if you're not driving like you stole it...

IMHO anyway.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I like a gangster lean lol
Thanks given by:
Its like being sat in a sex harness in jps car
Thanks given by:
Is that because of the harness' or because of what JP does to you though?
Thanks given by:
Both really
Thanks given by: