Ahoy there!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahoy there!
Evening Guys and Gals,

Just joined the gang this afternoon as I'm about to embark on a wee job that involves my much loved, but under attended 1994 Cherry red 306 XRDT. I've only had her for 14 years (not many people can say they've owned a car that long!) and in all that time I've only had had to change the PAS Pp and two radiators. Apart from all the regular consumable oil/filters/tyres etc, she's been the best car I've ever had.

Due to my job (Armed forces) I've had to SORN the old gal for the last 10 months. I'm now in a position to put her back on the road but despite turning her over periodically during her R&R it appears that I'm getting bubbles in the coolant (details may appear in a thread if I hit any snags) and I suspect that the head gasket may have gone. She's never overheated so I'm hopeful that the head is still true and flat.

I've been advised to scrap her as it's not economically viable to repair. I won't repeat what I've said to the naysayers!

I've seen a couple of guides on the forum to help me out so thanks to The Liam & Ruan for posting them plus all that added their comments in JJ0063's post. I'd like to know whether he took on the job and won.

S69
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Glad to hear its staying on the road :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, you will find everything you need here as far as info goes Smile

They are cheap to repair if you have a little knowledge!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile Any pics?

Can't really help with the engine side of things I'm afraid, but hope you get it sorted out!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
A pic will follow but I'll say now that she's not as glamarous as she once was.

Thanks given by:
welcome! im constantly telling people to eff off when they tell me to scrap my car, bunch of haters! good luck with the repair matey
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Dude samass just scrap your car already!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum Smile

Good to have another ph1 cherry XRdt owner around, they are the best 306's Peugeot made imo ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
I just had the head gasket go on my ph1, no excuse for scrapping! Me and a mate had it done in no time Smile

Also a good excuse for a bigger turbo while it's getting stripped back!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Get it fixed!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum, and as said above, a head gasket is absolutely no reason whatsoever to scrap a car!

Hope you find all the info you require, and if you dont, just ask! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just thought I'd post a few piccies of the old Gal.

Made a start towards removing the head, just need to bar the engine over to the timing marks, lock it in position then start loosening off the manifolds.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
looks good! Big Grin Glad to see somebody with passion for a car. I had my 1.4 for 2 years and my grandparents for 6 but unfortunately it blew the head gasket, failed emissions, major oil leak and major brake fluid leak. That was definitely time to say good bye and only 78k! Still the parts have made it on to many cars on this forum so its not all bad!
Thanks given by:
That was a shame at only 78K

Good to hear that parts of the car are still living on. You can't beat recycling!

Thanks given by:
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 car forum.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahoy! Sean 7 1,158 28-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Flint