Will 3dr front seats fit in the front seats of a 5dr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will 3dr front seats fit in the front seats of a 5dr
As above, not too bothered if they wont fit correctly at the back as the rear seats never get used.
Thanks given by:
backs will fit, fronts need adapting . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 06:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: backs will fit, fronts need adapting . . .Smile

I always thought it was the other way round! Haha
Thanks for the info! You know this from experience?
Thanks given by:
I was fairly sure backs didn't fit?

As said, fronts will fit, there had been a guide on here at one point I think. It leaves them sitting about 20mm higher tho, which does become noticeable. I changed mine, but in the end up went back to the original seats, added supports and re-trimmed them, far better job imo.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
I thought the mounting point was completely different for the front seats? On the 3 door car the outer edge of the seat subframe bolts sideways in to the sill, whereas on the 5 door they go down through the floor. This is correct for the phase 1 at least. Going to remove a 5 door interior at the weekend so I'll find our for sure!
Thanks given by:
Yeah the mount is different, you'd need to swap over the seat frames and weld on the 5 door ones.... More hassle than it's worth tbh.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the advice, still not sure what to think though! Haha
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 06:57 PM)MY95 Wrote:
(30-01-2014, 06:27 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: backs will fit, fronts need adapting . . .Smile

I always thought it was the other way round! Haha
Thanks for the info! You know this from experience?
yes mate . . i've fitted S16 seats into my 5 door . . Smile
(30-01-2014, 08:31 PM)Harky Wrote: I was fairly sure backs didn't fit?

As said, fronts will fit, there had been a guide on here at one point I think. It leaves them sitting about 20mm higher tho, which does become noticeable. I changed mine, but in the end up went back to the original seats, added supports and re-trimmed them, far better job imo.
backs do indeed fit but it's a different locking mechanism so you need to adapt something . . . .
(30-01-2014, 08:41 PM)si_batt Wrote: I thought the mounting point was completely different for the front seats? On the 3 door car the outer edge of the seat subframe bolts sideways in to the sill, whereas on the 5 door they go down through the floor. This is correct for the phase 1 at least. Going to remove a 5 door interior at the weekend so I'll find our for sure!

correct sir . .give this man a biscuit . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
ok here we go.

The front seats are different. The 5 doors bolt to the floor where as the 3 door interior bolts to the floor and side of the car. The rears have a different locking system from the 5 door. just get a 5 door interior and save youself the hassle. Also with a 3 door interior the seats will fold forwards which is pointless.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 03:24 PM)SRowell Wrote: ok here we go.

The front seats are different. The 5 doors bolt to the floor where as the 3 door interior bolts to the floor and side of the car. The rears have a different locking system from the 5 door. just get a 5 door interior and save youself the hassle. Also with a 3 door interior the seats will fold forwards which is pointless.

Thanks for the info
Very hard to find any D Turbo HDI 5 Door Seats for sale, especially ones that are local unfortunately
Thanks given by:

is there an echo in here? Wink
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 03:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

its called confirmation. Would you rather hear the correct thing twice or two different wrong things.
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 04:32 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 03:41 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

its called confirmation. Would you rather hear the correct thing twice or two different wrong things.

all i'm saying compadre is that when i've said something, it doesn't need confirmation, ya dig? . . .Wink x
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 03:33 PM)MY95 Wrote:

Thanks for the info
Very hard to find any D Turbo HDI 5 Door Seats for sale, especially ones that are local unfortunately

Why are you only after DTurbo seats anyway? Meridian half leathers are much nicer and theres loads of them about lol.
Thanks given by:
I used 3 door half leathers in my 5 door for years, 2 of the front bolts still line up fine, and you can 'secure' the other side with cable ties to the floor.

I can't say how well this would do in a crash, as I didn't have any - however it passed several MoT's fine.

Rears are easy, just unzip your old seats and swap over the metal backs, then they work fine with the 5 door latch Smile
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 05:57 PM)Toby Wrote: I used 3 door half leathers in my 5 door for years, 2 of the front bolts still line up fine, and you can 'secure' the other side with cable ties to the floor

Please tell me that you're joking and you're not actually stupid enough to have done that? Undecided
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 06:06 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(31-01-2014, 05:57 PM)Toby Wrote: I used 3 door half leathers in my 5 door for years, 2 of the front bolts still line up fine, and you can 'secure' the other side with cable ties to the floor

Please tell me that you're joking and you're not actually stupid enough to have done that? Undecided

Cable ties have excellent tensile strength, and a couple of them at each bolt is easily enough to stand the weight of a human flying around if a crash were to happen
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 06:06 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:

this . . that's crazy dude seriously . . .Doh
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  307 seats in a 306 5dr Slow306 4 1,678 21-02-2022, 07:55 PM
Last Post: Slow306
Star Aftermarket seats with original rails. pr0ject_6 0 942 10-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Last Post: pr0ject_6
  306 GTI Seats in a 2.0 16v XT Jellomanpie 2 2,100 28-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mighty306