What's possibly been done to my rallye?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's possibly been done to my rallye?
Just wondering as there is no rev limiter, just keeps going, I guess someone has simply had it raised? There's also an adjustable FPR fitted, just curious really, any input appreciate! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
The FPR will not dictate the rev range. Its likely they could have raised the limit/fitted a Ph1 Engine/Ecu
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Could be cammed.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 07:40 PM)Grant Wrote: The FPR will not dictate the rev range. Its likely they could have raised the limit/fitted a Ph1 Engine/Ecu

Ph1 map still has a rev limit. its just slightly higher.

Its had the limiter removed, possibly due to having cams fitted as tom said.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Interesting, it does go well, and sounds awesome higher up the revs, I've never been in another rallye/6 so havnt got anything to compare it too really.
Thanks given by:
Get a video of it?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 08:39 PM)Niall Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 07:40 PM)Grant Wrote: The FPR will not dictate the rev range. Its likely they could have raised the limit/fitted a Ph1 Engine/Ecu

Ph1 map still has a rev limit. its just slightly higher.

Its had the limiter removed, possibly due to having cams fitted as tom said.

Well he's obviously stopped trying to rev it somewhere. Its a possibility he could have bottles it just over the 'normal' ph 2/3 limit.

Although a limitless 306 out the factory as standard. Now that could be fun.

For a while anyway.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
How far have you taken it?

I know my mates 205 XS had no limiter, he had endless fun lol
Thanks given by:
Its only something silly like a 50rpm increase iirc so if hes any good, he would of hit that lol

And yeah would be fun....for a matter of seconds lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Around 7500rpm+ I'd say, it definitely isn't there, Tom can't get a video as I can't afford to have both cars on the road at the moment, could do one at stand still on the drive but can guarantee my neighbour would make an appearance lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
Only 'cos he's jealous that his car doesn't go to 11 Wink

[Image: waynes_world_384_469901a.jpg]

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Well a phase 1 limiter is around 7500... 7450 IIRC. So, it's gone past that?
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks mate, look at some '6 rallye videos online and see if yours is quicker?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
should do 125mph in fifth at the limiter ninja whistle
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 10:24 PM)Curt Wrote: Well a phase 1 limiter is around 7500... 7450 IIRC. So, it's gone past that?

this . . . .^^^^^ . .Popcorn
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I cant believe you are scared of revving it out to see what the limit is, i bet its just standard lol

Ive known a standard engine rev to 8k and be fine, stop being a pussy and give it the beans.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 12:48 PM)Birk Wrote: stop being a pussy and give it the beans.

yeh! hear hear ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
The limiter is there for a reason won't do any damage to hold it on it.... Cough :p
Thanks given by:
My 1.8 lived on the limiter (ask niall and scott) and it kept going fine. Cars are like athletes. The harder you run them, the stronger they get. Right?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Scared of revving it out? Why would i be scared of revving it out? Lol, it simply isn't there, i was just curious of why it would of been raised/removed, car is staying off the road now, so i can make it completely original, hopefully in time for fcs next year, thanks for the input guys! Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 09:08 PM)Mitch Wrote: Scared of revving it out? Why would i be scared of revving it out? Lol, it simply isn't there, i was just curious of why it would of been raised/removed, car is staying off the road now, so i can make it completely original, hopefully in time for fcs next year, thanks for the input guys! Smile

because you said you'd took it to 7.5 and that's where the limiter is, it's not like a diesel govener, it will come in hard lol . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Is it on a standard ECU?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
And how far have you actually revved it? Gone to 8?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 09:16 PM)Niall Wrote: Is it on a standard ECU?
As far as i'm aware yes..

(03-09-2013, 09:17 PM)Grant Wrote: And how far have you actually revved it? Gone to 8?
Not all the way around to 8k, in between the 7.5k-8k, thinking about it back when we had all that snow, whilst messing about i could hold it planted in 1st or 2nd and no limiter would come in, like you guys said above it might be a tad more up in the revs, wish it was built up then i could of taken it for a rip around the farm and find out for certain, may order the needed bits for it at work tomorrow depending on how much they are and try to get it back together! Smile
Thanks given by:
You don't need to drive it to find out if it revs or not you know lol

Get a video of a hard rev until it hits the limiter, or as far as you fare go, maybe 8k ? I'm interested as to what it's set at.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 09:47 PM)Birk Wrote: You don't need to drive it to find out if it revs or not you know lol

Get a video of a hard rev until it hits the limiter, or as far as you fare go, maybe 8k ? I'm interested as to what it's set at.

Im aware of that lol it cant be ran at the moment anyway, depending on what time i finish work tomorrow i may be able to get it back together and get a video, i will get back to this thread when ever i get around to it Smile
Thanks given by:
Mine's got a limiter at just under 8k and it revs there fine! I'd be surprised, even if it is mapped / chipped whatever you want to call it, if the limiter is past 7750. Chip Wizards normally set it there, and superchips do 7725 or something.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Its got a turbo strapped to it, mitch just hasnt noticed yet
Thanks given by: