Road trips!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road trips!
as you guessed from the title, me and the family are currently on the way north, 300 miles yesterday, another 250 today, and if you've looked at the post time, it's REALLY early, but I've got to make thurso for 7am to catch the ferry, (meaning ofc I miss the highlands as I whizz by in the dark) just wondered if anyone else has done a mentally long trip (for fun not work) and where you went etc

mine - Bridlington to Eday, involving 550 miles, 2 ferries over 3 days, with 2 children getting grumpy in the back Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
are we there yet!
Thanks given by:
That's pretty long, I drove to fort William and back the other week, was only 900 miles in total. Good fun though
Thanks given by:
Peterborough to Salou in Spain
1250 miles over two days
Thanks given by:
Longest I've done is Portsmouth - Newcastle which was just over 350 miles each way and that was hell enough!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I drove to Bodmin to buy a car from Peterborough, stopping in Southampton to buy some wheels. I had to fix the car when I was there as the water pump was dead, then drive with my mate back to Peterborough. 760 miles in 13 hours, inclusive of fixing the car.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I did kendal to Portsmouth to Watford to Portsmouth to kendal last weekend. About 800 miles all in.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'm in Cornwall just now, 400 miles here from Leeds and 400 miles back next Saturday.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Did John O'Groats to Lands End last year on a 50cc moped. South London to JoG, then onto Lands end then back to South London, around 2000 miles in 10 days. Only the middle bit was on a moped, but the other vehicle was a 60's/70's VW motorhome so not exactly quick either. Did it with a load of people from the internet I hardly knew.

Start of this month did South London>Norwich>Leeds>Nottingham>Cardiff>Cornwall>South London all in a week. We moved every day except for Cornwall as we were at a festival. This one was a little different as it was with friends and the vehicle choice was a bit better suited to the journey. We were also in Premier Inns every night except the festival which was nice as the moped one I slept in a tent every night. About 1075 miles in the week and I did all the driving as it was my dad's car.
Thanks given by:
Approximate route for my summer holiday about 4 years ago, camped every evening, stopped at La Rochelle for a day to get some surf, apart from that we (my best mate) pretty much drove solidly between breakfast and dinner every day for a week, was awesome.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Rom...,19,21&z=8

Link fail, can someone delete that for me please lol.

Basically it was about 1300 miles. lol
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Longest road trip I done was 1 week after my test, ipswich to benfleet (southend)....about 60 miles each way, more than enough in a 1.4 haha!

2nd longest was ipswich to norwich last year....just a bit shorter....but done in a standard HDi with a broken MAF. I've had several motorway cruisers and not done any distance in those haha. lol
Thanks given by:
I did manchester to munister in germany ok it was for work but was a fun drive not sure on the distance but i did it in 10 hours..
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:
Me and my dad did Hayes to Arrochar and back to do some painting on their other house which is about a thousand mile round trip
Thanks given by:
doing Nantes, France to castle combe next week, also did the ridiculous Lyon trip with Jonny and a few years ago did Sydney to Melbourne!
Thanks given by:
Longest road trip was taking my old man to work in Wiltshire from Kent lol. 326 mile round trip, was quite fun TBH. Wouldn't want to have to do those kind of distances regularly though. Long drives are best enjoyed occasionally lol.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 05:34 AM)Stephen Wrote: That's pretty long, I drove to fort William and back the other week, was only 900 miles in total. Good fun though

Yeah crazy drive I do bolton to Inverness every few weeks to see my son
Thanks given by:
My longest journey has to be driving to Nordkapp in Norway. 2356 miles there; was a pretty cool road trip.
Thanks given by:
Longest i've done is about 180 but more importantly what you going all that way for eday to do? haha
Thanks given by:
I done this

[Image: a3yva4u4.jpg]

Sorry about pic I couldn't rember em all lol

Oh yeh stopped at nurburgring on way back lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
TBF, the most epic ever road trip was when Vaughan and I went from Andover to Lyon and back in a rental van to go and collect my car that had blown up lol

In under 24 hours.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Done 470 miles overnight on a callout a few months back. That destroyed me!
Total ive done is about 550 in a day.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i did Aberdeen to Airdrie, to Burton, to Milton Keynes, and then back again last weekend, round about 1000 miles round trip. mind you it was a 1300 mile round trip for me for FCS this year

and before that i did watford to prescott hill, to macclesfield, to airdrie, to aberdeen. and at somepoint ill be going to london or bournemouth or southampton from aberdeen...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Home to Castle combe. About 450 miles I covered that weekend
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Leeds to Milton Keynes to Nairn near Inverness then back to Leeds. About 1000mile about 16hours did that in one day.
Thanks given by: