Squek from the back left??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squek from the back left??
So theres a squek constantly when im driving, sounds like the back left of my 306 ..... any ideas what this could be?
[Image: DSC_0054.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mmmm normally i'd make a joke about your location and the method of lowering beams you as a country seem to favour, but you've proved you're an exception to the bumpstop rule lol

In all seriousness though, if it's a creaky squeak it could well be trailing arm bearings have packed in. Noticed any camber or movement of the arm? Could be a squeaky shock too?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 09:41 PM)Darren123 Wrote: So theres a squek constantly when im driving, sounds like the back left of my 306 ..... any ideas what this could be?

Does it go when you brake? Mines been squeeking since I owned it just took lazy to clean brakes
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2013, 10:09 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Mmmm normally i'd make a joke about your location and the method of lowering beams you as a country seem to favour, but you've proved you're an exception to the bumpstop rule lol

In all seriousness though, if it's a creaky squeak it could well be trailing arm bearings have packed in. Noticed any camber or movement of the arm? Could be a squeaky shock too?

Unfortunately its lowered in nicks Dodgy Gonna sort that in a few weeks when i get outta exams. But yeah, theres camber alright!! .... just looked, notice the retainer holding the cables is missing from the left side? :/ hardly make any difference?

(03-06-2013, 10:19 PM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(03-06-2013, 09:41 PM)Darren123 Wrote: So theres a squek constantly when im driving, sounds like the back left of my 306 ..... any ideas what this could be?

Does it go when you brake? Mines been squeeking since I owned it just took lazy to clean brakes
Yeah, awful nice when i break lighl. Then when im driving theres an irritating squek. and if i pushed it up and down while its parked it squeks. like this for a week or two. getting annoying now!
Thanks given by:
Chris sins about right then
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If there's camber it's 99.9% the bearings that have packed in then.. depending how bad, you might be able to rebuild that beam, or start saving for a replacement
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 04:59 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: If there's camber it's 99.9% the bearings that have packed in then.. depending how bad, you might be able to rebuild that beam, or start saving for a replacement

Put it up on the lift, oiled it and its gone :O might not have greased it putting it back together :/
Thanks given by:
It'll probably come back then, the bearings should be greased out the packet so they've probably dried out?
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:07 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: It'll probably come back then, the bearings should be greased out the packet so they've probably dried out?

True :/ Definately bearings anyways, thanks for the halp man! Smile Repped Smile
Thanks given by:
In fact if you lubed it, the rubber seals at the end of the tube will be f*cked too or there'd be no way the oil would get in lol
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:11 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: In fact if you lubed it, the rubber seals at the end of the tube will be f*cked too or there'd be no way the oil would get in lol

Joys of cars Big Grin hahaha so what effect that gonna have?
Thanks given by:
Condensation in the beam tube leading to corrosion and collapsed bearings, eventually major camber and beam death, if it gets REAL bad the actual arm will seize in the tube. My old 205 beam was f*cked, the trailing arm didn't even move aha
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 08:15 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Condensation in the beam tube leading to corrosion and collapsed bearings, eventually major camber and beam death, if it gets REAL bad the actual arm will seize in the tube. My old 205 beam was f*cked, the trailing arm didn't even move aha

I'd want to change it fast so? .... Is changing the beam a hard job?
Thanks given by:
Could be as simple as a rear damper, had a massive squeal and knocking on mine then found that one of the damper bushes had eaten itself...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
if he has oiled it and its stopped...it aint the damper.

sounds just like a knackered beam.

oil is just masking the issue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 11:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: if he has oiled it and its stopped...it aint the damper.

Yup Smile har dor easy job chaning the beam? think theres a 306 for breaking up the road from me, but its been left outside parked for 2 years!! Would the beam outta that be any good i wonder?
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 01:24 PM)Darren123 Wrote:
(15-06-2013, 11:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: if he has oiled it and its stopped...it aint the damper.

Yup Smile har dor easy job chaning the beam? think theres a 306 for breaking up the road from me, but its been left outside parked for 2 years!! Would the beam outta that be any good i wonder?
4 nuts in the boot, beam falls off... make sure if you got ABS etc you take the pipes off PROPERLY
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I think you'll find it's 6 nuts, so ner.
Thanks given by:
yeah...just brake pipe connections that can be a pig.

best to jack up car, remove exhaust back end and spare wheel/cage.

I find leaving wheels on handy if doing by self to help roll it out and new one in
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 08:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: yeah...just brake pipe connections that can be a pig.

best to jack up car, remove exhaust back end and spare wheel/cage.

I find leaving wheels on handy if doing by self to help roll it out and new one in

Must go for that rear axle tommorow or soon! Should it be ok even though its been parked outside with a year or two? :/
Thanks given by:
Check it for camber whist it still on tue car. If you notice camber dont bother buying it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: