Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Head gasket notches
#1
Just a quick one what notch do people get when they change there head gasket the one that came of has 3 and iam going to skim the head do people think I will need a 4 or 5 notch thanks
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]


#2
Normally you would measure (probably best to get the machine shop to do it for better accuracy) the head height after skimming then you can work out what HG you need from that.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#3
I think you have to measure the piston height from the deck
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
#4
Yup you measure piston protrusion and base it on that

However there is such a small difference in thickness that I just go with the thickest 5 notch these days.
#5
(08-01-2014, 10:07 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: However there is such a small difference in thickness that I just go with the thickest 5 notch these days.

and still get valve/piston slappage! lol
Wishes for more power...
#6
(08-01-2014, 10:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: and still get valve/piston slappage! lol

slapped? kissed more like

on an overskimmed head + 3 notch gasket

so yeah like i said 5 notch these days ...

get back in yer box
#7
Thanks for the info I will prob just got for 5 as I don't want any valve to piston damage
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]


#8
Let me know what you want to do mike and I can get a 5 notch sorted for you
#9
Yep will do frosty
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]




Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible head gasket issues? forbeslongden 3 4,784 16-01-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket (again!) Pughawk 1 3,249 08-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Head gasket and Engine rebuilds. weka 2 4,570 15-07-2019, 08:46 AM
Last Post: weka

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)